Animal testing is equally the same as animal cruelty because it gives the animals permanent scars. Also the animals that are getting tested on might have a life threatening sickness. Not only that but their freedom is taken away from them and are put in a cage. Animal testing is equally the same as animal testing because the humans in this case are the scientist make all the animals they have tested on fearful of any human, sound, and motions. If the US is leading the world in research why do we continue to use outdated methods such as animal testing when we have alternative methods? “Animals have been used repeatedly throughout the history of biomedical research. Early Greek physician-scientists, such as Aristotle, (384 – 322 BC) and Erasistratus, (304 – 258 BC), performed experiments on living animals. Animal testing have been in the world for a very long time. Which is why scientists do not second think the procese. All the animal they would experiment on are either dead or suffering with starvation and pain.

These animals can receive many hurtful scars which is cruel because the scars shows that they’ve been threw a lot of pain. According to Human Society International it states, “All procedures, even those classified as “mild,” have the potential to cause the animals physical as well as psychological distress and suffering.”(Human Society International). Even though the procedures the scientists use on these animals may look non painful, it may be as painful as to cause you not wanting to move. Which is cruel to any animal because most of the times the scientists leave scars on the animals. If the animals were not in their care they would be unhurt and unharmed. They would be at the most have scratches from being animals. Which is normal for animals because they are playful and wild. A huge scar on an animal shows that where they are staying or have stayed is unsafe for them, scars that would make most think “they would need help”.

The animals that get tested on can cause them to have a shorter life than usual.   According to Human Society International it reports, “Often the procedures can cause a great deal of suffering. Most animals are killed at the end of an experiment, but some may be reused in subsequent experiments.”(Human Society International).  These animals are starved and exposed to chemicals and drugs. Some testing do not allow for animals to receive water, and they also do ear-notching and tail-clipping for identification. This could be cruel for any animal. Every animal needs to have food and water everyday to stay healthy. When the animal does not receive each day most would say that is very wrong very cruel.  

Animals freedom are taken away, the U.S. laws allow animals to be burned, shocked, poisoned, isolated, starved, drowned, addicted to drugs, and brain-damaged. According to Cruelty to Animals in Laboratories it announced, “After enduring these terrifying, painful procedures, animals are then usually dumped back into a cage without any painkillers. Video footage from inside laboratories shows animals who cower in fear every time someone walks by their cages. ” The testing not only hurts the animals but also makes them fearful because they do not know what is going to happen to them at any moment.

Other people may say the experimentation on animals is not animal cruelty because they are just animals and they do not have rights, like us humans. They believe the animals can’t feel the pain because the scientist use procedure to reduce the pain an animal feels.  The truth is the animals being tested on for human cure eventually die sooner than usual, and most of the animals can feel the pain.

Most of the tests that are being administered are unnecessary because their using animals to use for human products for example cosmetic, household cleaners, medications, and pesticides. Most of these are not important to humans. They can use something else other than something made from experiments on the wild. However according to Animal Testing is Animal Cruelty it says, “92% percent of drugs approved for testing in humans fail to receive approval for human use”. Meaning animals are being hurt for no reason and humans are also suffering serious consequences. The scientists would experiment on animals for humans to put make-up which is very unnecessary because at the end of the day the person with make-up is going to wash it off just to put more the next day. Yes, it is pretty but it is hurting many animals just for they can be pretty.

https://animal-testing.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=006512

https://www.oneworldeducation.org/animal-testing-animal-cruelty

http://www.hsi.org/campaigns/end_animal_testing/qa/about.html

https://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-experimentation/animals-laboratories/

“Animal Testing Is Animal Cruelty.” Animal Testing Is Animal Cruelty | One World Education, Inc., www.oneworldeducation.org/animal-testing-animal-cruelty.This article is about animal testing being cruel. Also of how it is mostly unnecessary for scientist to experiment on animals for human supplies. This source is credible because Cheraine Pugh has studied about animals in 2016 and has many good reasons. She is a student Ambassador.

“Animal Testing Is Animal Cruelty.” Background of the Issue, animal-testing.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=006512. This is about the background of animal testing and when it started and the results to the reactions of the animals. This source is credible because the state facts and have studied this for years.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Is animal experimentation the same thing as animal cruelty? by Maria is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Hananel t. 4 weeks ago

This is a great article. I think you did a good job writing this but I feel a little bad for the animals. What I think you did a good job is how you combined your sentences and words. Why did you decide to write this?

2. Carlos 4 weeks ago

I agree