When, if ever, is testing on animals ethical?

Have you ever thought about all the animals that get tested on, all the suffering and painful things that they have to go through while they are kept locked up in a  cage. Animals that get tested on have to stay in a cage every day of their life for something that is only going to help humans and not the animals that are they being tested for. I think that since its for humans humans should be the one that will have to get tested on and researched on. To start of I have a quote from the article titled “Using Animals for Testing: Pros Versus Cons” this article just talks about some cons and “pros” for animal testing even though it only helps human and it killing animals that are not being benefited from the research. Well a quote that stood out to me said “In animal testing, countless animals are experimented on and then killed after their use. Others are injured and will still live the remainder of their lives in captivity.” This quote shows that many animals are being killed and then some are just left injured. A animal shouldn’t suffer for something that isn’t helping them. What’s the point of leaving a animal injured like they ruined a animals life and they are just going to leave the animal there. This shows that animal testing is not good. Another quote that standed out to me was the same article the quote said “There is also the argument that the reaction of a drug in an animal’s body is quite different from the reaction in a human. The main criticism here is that some believe animal testing is unreliable. Following on that criticism is the premise that because animals are in an unnatural environment, they will be under stress. Therefore, they won’t react to the drugs in the same way compared to their potential reaction in a natural environment. This argument further weakens the validity of animal experimentation.” This comes to show that the things that work for the animal is not always the same thing that will happen for the human. This comes to show that instead of using a animal they should use humans to see if the antidote or drug they are testing actually works. My third piece of evidence comes from a article called “Controversy of Animal Testing” the quote that sticked out to me the most said “One key argument against animal testing involves the inability of animals to consent to the tests. Humans, it is argued, can make an informed decision to consent while animals have tests forced upon them, with no choice.”This shows that animals give no consent which shows they are forced to be tested on just because they do not have a voice. This is horrible and not acceptable. In conclusion this shows that animal testing is wrong.

Murnaghan, Ian. “Pros and Cons of Animal Testing .”

Using Animals for Testing: Pros Versus Cons, March 15, 2018

www.aboutanimaltesting.co.uk/using-animals-testing-pros-versus-cons.html. It just talks about all the Cons and the Pros about animal testing and how it helps but at the same time it’s a bad thing.

“Controversy of Animal Testing.’” Controversy of Animal Testing, www.aboutanimaltesting.co.uk/controversy-of-animal-testing.html

It talks about everything that animal research brings to the table and how it helps but at the same time its a bad thing for the animals that get tested on.

CC BY-SA 4.0 When, if ever, is testing on animals ethical? by Alex is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.