In my class we’ve been reading a book called Street Life by Dr.Rios. This book is an autobiography of Dr. Rios’s life growing up in LA that has hopelessness, violence, and inspiration. Victor has lived through poverty, gang life, and the struggle for success. My favorite part in the book the book is the moment his mom reprimands him for quitting school and  he decides to turn his life around, so the sacrifices his mother has made do not go in vein. A lesson I have learned is that nothing comes easily, one must give lots of time and effort to get what they want and when it gets hard there’s always someone willing to help you push on. I recommend this book to anyone because it shows the hard work and dedication to achieve a better life.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Street Life Review by Bill is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Kenyon 1 month ago

i agree its a really good book.