There has been a lot of people wondering should testing on animals and human should be ethical? Here I would explain an opinion. Testing on animal should be ethical but it shouldn’t be ethical for human testing.

Why? Testing on animals should be ethical because it’s better to sacrifice an animal than a human. It’s better to sacrifice an animal because they can sometimes be less used than human meaning animals are not much cared as a human. Animals must be used in cases when ethical considerations prevent the use of human subjects. When testing medicines for potential toxicity, the lives of human volunteers should not be put in danger unnecessarily. It would be unethical to perform invasive experimental procedures on human beings before the methods have been tested on animals, and some experiments involve genetic manipulation that would be unacceptable to impose on human subjects before animal testing. The World Medical Association Declaration of Helsinki states that human trials should be preceded by tests on animals. Which is why testing on humans should not be ethical. Animals are more helpful than humans while testing because it has contributed to many life saving cures and treatments. “The California Biomedical Research Association states that nearly every medical breakthrough in the last 100 years has resulted directly from research using animals. Experiments in which dogs had their pancreases removed led directly to the discovery of insulin, critical to saving the lives of diabetics. The polio vaccine, tested on animals, reduced the global occurrence of the disease from 350,000 cases in 1988 to 27 cases in 2016. Animal research has also contributed to major advances in understanding and treating conditions such as breast cancer, brain injury, childhood leukemia, cystic fibrosis, malaria, multiple sclerosis, tuberculosis, and many others, and was instrumental in the development of pacemakers, cardiac valve substitutes, and anesthetics”. Also Animals are appropriate research subjects because they are similar to human beings in many ways. “Chimpanzees share 99% of their DNA with humans, and mice are 98% genetically similar to humans. All mammals, including humans, are descended from common ancestors, and all have the same set of organs (heart, kidneys, lungs, etc.) that function in essentially the same way with the help of a bloodstream and central nervous system”. Because animals and humans are so biologically similar, they are susceptible to many of the same conditions and illnesses, including heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Animals often make better research subjects than human beings because of their shorter life cycles.

Testing on humans should not be ethical because mostly of the time humans give false- negative results and animals don’t. For humans testing can be uncomfortable and for animals they wouldn’t feel uncomfortable just scared as anyone can feel while testing. Humans have a lot more years to live which “Laboratory mice, for example, live for only two to three years, so researchers can study the effects of treatments or genetic manipulation over a whole lifespan, or across several generations, which would be infeasible using human subjects”. Additionally, people might believe that animals might be treated bad while animal testing. Which its wrong animals are not treated bad they are treated with cared they are feed etc. they are in a good place. Moreover, not all animal are tested there’s only some specific animals who scientist use for testing. The most common animals used in experiments around the world are non-human primates (chimpanzees in some countries, mice, rats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, birds) which are not a lot of animals. Lastly thanks to animal research, many diseases that once killed millions of people are now either treatable or curable. “Animal testing has not only benefit humans, but animals as well. Some animal testing has lead to life saving and life extending treatments for many of the animals used for testing. A complete alternative to animal testing has yet to be discovered. The focus of animal research has been characterized by three criteria, The Three R’s”.

In conclusion animal testing should be ethical meaning testing on animal should happen it would be better testing on animals instead of testing on humans which testing on humans should not be ethical. Testing on animal it’s more helpful than testing on humans because testing on animals it gives you more information scientist want to know for example test if the medication works, what causes something to happen, test about the health problems mostly about cancer that it’s really common around the world etc. which are things that a human can’t give you which also not every human gives you the correct results as animals do. Also why worry a lot of animal testing if they are used for a good and not talk about what we eat which some other people kill animals just to eat them and not for a good as here with scientist they used animals to help humans. Lastly as said before it’s better to sacrifice an animal than a human which some animals have less life time than humans and animals don’t understand as humans do.

“Animal Testing – ProCon.org.” Should Animals Be Used for Scientific or Commercial Testing?, UNDERSTAND THE ISSUES. UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER, animal-testing.procon.org/.

This website had been helpful because it has shown the pros and cons about animal testing. It has given more than five reasons explain why animals should be used for testing and it has also talk about human testing.

“Animals vs. Humans in Medical Experimentation Essay.” Animals vs. Humans in Medical Experimentation Essay | Bartleby, Bartleby.com , www.bartleby.com/essay/Animals-vs-Humans-in-Medical-Experimentation-F3FMXFYVC.

The website “Animals vs. Humans in Medical Experimentation Essay | Bartleby” its an helpful website because it talks about the god things animal testing has been good to study on. It talks about medical and some experimentation which connects with what I have been talking about and it also gives some good evidence/comments about animal and human testing.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Should Animal and Human Testing be Ethical by Leslie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.