HUMAN EXPERIMENTATION

When, if ever, is testing on humans ethical? I believe that it is not ethical under any circumstance to experiment with humans because we are people who are meant to live in this world for a long time and repopulate. In our Health and Bioscience class we researched a lot about human experimentation. As a whole class we talked a lot about Nazi experimentation and the Holocaust and how many people it affected because of what they were forced to do at that time. They did labor work and were rarely fed and part of that place in time Jewish people who were kept captive were often used for experiments.

In the article “ A History of Gruesome Experiments on Twin” by Jennifer Rosenberg it talked about the type of experiment they decide to do on twins any type of twin they can find they separated from their families and took them in for testing. Jennifer Rosenberg stated, “ From May 1943 until January 1945 Nazi doctor Josef Mengele worked at Auschwitz, conducting pseudo-scientific medical experiments. His favorite experiment were conducted on young twins”(Rosenberg). This quote states that a Nazi doctor admitted to testing on humans and even more surprising they were young children that rarely knew what they were being taken from there families from. In another article titled, “ Personal Statements From victims of Nazi Experimentation” it has a lot of short stories of victims of the Holocaust that were experimented on and what their experience was during the experimentation. Claims Conference stated, “The experiment was done to me in Auschwitz, Block 10. The experiment was done on my uterus. I was given shots in my uterus and as a result of that I was fainting from severe pain for a year and a half. [Years later,] Professor Hirsh from the hospital in Tzrifin examined me and said that my uterus became as a uterus of a 4-year-old child and that my ovaries shrank”(Claims conference). This is why I believe there should not be human experimentation because they harmed this lady uterus. They ruined her reproductive system and put her through a lot of pain for their scientific needs.Some people may think that human experimentation in general is helpful, but I think it shouldn’t be done because it harms a human life when it shouldn’t have never been harmed in the first place even for the expense of others.

In conclusion, I believe that it is not ethical under any circumstance to experiment with humans because we are people who are meant to live in this world for a long time and repopulate.  They are supposed to live free and constrained and being tortured.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Is Human experimentation Ethical? by Leslie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Natalie 8 months ago

Dear Leslie,
    I was really interested in what you had to write, you wrote really good things. You really organized your blog very neatly which made it easier to read and got me hooked on to reading more. You gave really good evidence and supported it with great analysis. You didnt just summarize it, you went beyond and helped me understand the quotes better. Your background for your blog was very interesting which made me more eager to read more. But very good job on typing this, it was vey good.

Natalie

2. Ying 8 months ago

Dear Leslie,
    Hey girl!!!! I am shocked about what your wrote because human experimentation shouldn’t have to happen to people especially to people that just wanted to live their life but couldn’t. One sentence that stood out to me was “They ruined her reproductive system and put her through a lot of pain for their scientific needs. Some people may think that human experimentation in general is helpful, but I think it shouldn’t be done because it harms a human life when it shouldn’t have never been harmed in the first place even for the expense of others.” This stood out to me because it’s true that human experiments harm human and it shouldn’t be this way. People that had to experience the brutal and painful experiments shouldn’t had to face that and should have the say. Thank you for writing. I look forward to seeing you write more because your writing can be very important.

3. Anthony 8 months ago

Dear Leslie,
    I really enjoyed reading through your blog post. The hook at the beginning really want me to want to read even more. I also really enjoyed the background that you gave us on this topic. For example, “They did labor work and were rarely fed and part of that place in time Jewish people who were kept captive were often used for experiments.”. You told us exactly who was experimented on and who did the experiments. Overall, you had a lot of evidence and all of the evidence connected to your main topic, which is that human experimentation is not right and it is not ethical.