You see your love was like a game

I was so eager to play,

Man I’m so stupid for letting my emotions reach the brain

Now I did get warnings on how rough it would be,

But my eyes were set on winning

Never the opposite of what it SHOULD be

Get yo’ head out the gutter

I ain´t talkin bout no lover

I’m talkin bout the love I needed from my father

I look out the window

Oh what a sunny day it is,

2 seconds past and it starts to rain

These emotions I yet can’t explain

There’s just way to much pain,

I’m starting to lose my sane…

Motionless heartbeats,

Terrorized emotions,

“Broken child”

Now I can understand

This game was not meant to be played

There was no manual into receiving a trade

Now wait,

It wasn’t always like this

At least now I see him more than before

I was 7 and wide awake at 10pm

I waited until my eyes were weak…

Woah how is it already the next day?

You’re working so late I’m starting to lose recognition,

I’m only seeing you on the weekends

I’m starting to see double visions

Years past ain’t shit changed

I ain’t that little girl you once claimed,

I’m no longer claiming your name

Is this really who’ve I become?

So deep in emotions I feel sprung?

Look at what what you’ve created…

I’m my biggest enemy

I see it in the mirror,

My eyes filled with rage but I WANT TO SEE IT DISAPPEAR

Past forward a couple of years and I’m pissed

Dancing with the devil and I love him,

So much hate yet I won’t see him fall

As I’m writing this piece I look over to the left side of me,

Two older brothers that raised me,

They picked me up when I was too weak to walk.

I corrupted myself with hate,

I blinded myself to not seeing the love around me,

It is not who I was meant to be

Thank you to the ones that hurt me,

To the ones that love me unconditionally,

Thank you for creating the image that represents me.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Double visions by Cristina is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Angeles 4 months ago

Dear Gaby,
    I love your piece. It’s very deep and I can tell that you z your mind and what you felt. I´m glad that we have this opportunity in school to create beautiful things so that we can express what we feel. No matter what you went through or go through with your dad, you seem to keep going. I love when you talked about your brothers basically raising you up and who helped you get up when you could not walk… I love that. I can tell the love that you have for them two. Thank you for sharing this, I imagine that it must´ve been hard for you.

2. Nina 4 months ago

Hey cristina,
    I love the pieces you continue to create with that beautiful poetic mind of yours. You can truly feel the emotions coming from you, and see what you are going through as a young person. here you write about a struggle, with your father, and end with how you have grown into a new person. I hope that you find someone who can show you more love, and to appreciate more things in life. Hate is so strong of an emotion to have, there needs to be some other to balance it out, and give you more. You truly deserve whatever good comes to you. I like that you have become someone new, and i hope you continue to find the person you were meant to be.

3. Kadijah 4 months ago

Gabby,
    your poem really touched me, just like how logics lyrics touch me, it’s DEEP…it shows that you should never quit on yourself and to keep moving on no matter what anyone says to you, to always show your emotions and never hide them just let it out. #speakyourvoice #RATTPACK

4. Angie 4 months ago

Dear Cristina,
    I can feel the emotions you released into this poem. I can picture Tupac or logic reading this and they would be impressed! I sure hell am! I love you unconditionally !! Man this was one hell of a poem and hope you keep writing more.

5. Rosario 4 months ago

Dear Gabby,
    this is sooo good! you write with so much style, I can almost hear this coming from your own voice. The story itself is also very strong. I know you wrote with a lot of emotions and I’m glad you spoke your true feelings. I can relate to your story in a vague view point because I know we are both way more complicated in reality. Anyhow thank you for your writing. I hope you continue your poetry!

6. Lisseth 4 months ago

Dear Gabby,
    Girl your poem is SOOO good!!! I felt what you wrote, you described everything really nice. Your ending really ended with a “bam!”, it was powerful. I feel like your writing piece was really strong and powerful. I hope you keep writing about your feelings and letting it all out. I’m here for you, if you ever need anything. Love ya!

7. Monica 4 months ago

So deep and inspiring