How could you let this happen? School is not a safe place and I don’t think it ever was. Kids are dying from shooting and bullying, bullying that could be stopped but schools act like they are always right. In order for a staff member to admit they were wrong someone has to die it seems. So how could you watch a child suffer while teaching them that standing up for themselves is wrong? “It’s important to stand up to all forms of bullying, and it’s even more important for those who are around you to be just as courageous and stand with you!”(Normani Kordei). This is told to kids but adults seem to struggle with it as well; you must lead by example. Stop standing around and help your kids they deserve the ability to learn in safety. So how and why would you ever stop that and turn a blind eye to them?

CC BY-SA 4.0 How Could You? by Austin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Chance 7 months ago

I don’t agree with your claim that the teachers/faculty members of the school are not doing whats necessary in order to stop bullying, but I do feel that you are right when you said that schools teach us to not defend ourselves.