Family is forever.

Even when we lose those who make part of our families and mean so much to us.

Eventhough it will never be the same.

You learn to cherish the old memories.

We are taught to love those whom we grow up with.

Those, who are our blood.

Until the unfortunate happens.

Until they are taken from us.

We then realize to not take family for granted.

And live every moment, cherish every hug and show unconditional love and support towards one other.

It’s hurts to see someone go especially when they’re taken by a thing like breast cancer

I saw her fight a tough battle, I saw her try to stay positive, I saw her in a hospital bed. Until I couldn’t see her anymore because she was gone forever.

We all go through rough times.

We are all put through different situations.

Being diagnosed with breast cancer was my aunts toughest moment.

She was loving,generous and humours.

But cancer didn’t take that from her.

And that’s what my family and I will always remember the loving person she was, the positivity she always tried to bring into our family even while trying to fight cancer.

As we go on we have all learned to become even more united, continue to help one another and always stay as one.

I’m blessed to have a family that I can count on who can support me and be there for me even when we are going through tough situations.

I can count on my family when I need a good laugh, or advice, or even a “Get it together Jovana”.

As I go on through life I hope to make my family proud and try to give back to them what they have given to me not only materialistically but continue to give them my unconditional love,support because they mean so much to me.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Blessed to have my family. by Jovana is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Lilian 9 months ago

Dear Jovana,
    I enjoyed reading your poem about your family because it’s very honest. You talked about your auntie dying from breast cancer and how you saw her fought this battle until you couldn’t see her anymore. One sentence that stood out to me was, “I’m blessed to have a family that I can count on who can support me and be there for me even when we are going through tough situations.” I think this is something very important that you can count on your family. Every child needs and support from their family. You are really blessed that you have a family that supports you through difficult times like the death of your auntie. You are very strong to share something so personal in your life. Thank you for sharing about your family. I look forward to see what you are going to write next because it’s going to be raw.