I feel like being alone

But in reality I just need someone to never let me go

Expressing my feelings through writing

Was just another way to cope with the pain

I was numb

Numb to the world

Numb to the pain

I used to write on my skin

My wrist was my canvas

The blade was my pen

Blood rushing down my wrist

Giving me the adrenaline I needed to feel alive

I wanted to feel alive

But inside I felt dead

My body was bottling up all the pain

I needed to make a change

Time passed the scars still remained

I look at them now and I’m not ashamed

It’s a reminder to me that I was strong enough to live

I know now that there is more to life than pain

CC BY-SA 4.0 There’s More To Life Than Just Pain by Yaqui is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Andrea 1 year ago

Dear Yaqui,

This post is so powerful!! You had the courage to share with us the things that you feel and that is really hard because not many people are so strong to talk about this topics since for to many people this kind of topics are a “bad” thing but in reality is not. Thank you for sharing this with us.

With Love

Andrea Fonseca

2. Ethan 2 years ago

Yaqui, Powerful poem! There seems to be alot going through your mind and Im so glad you decided to share with the web. Its important to import your emotions into any artistic form, the way you delivered it was fabulous! I hope your doing well and thanks for sharing!

3. Reagan 2 years ago

Yaqui,

This post is so incredibly brave. It takes true courageous to write about your hardships in this way. Your writing is chilling, in the best way. I could tell that every word meant something to you, they made the reality so real that goosebumps rose on my skin. I am so thrilled that you have managed to stay strong and see the other side. I truly hope you stay safe and feeling better. Here is a video that you may have seen already, and although it isn’t directly related to your situation, I think you may find comfort in it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltun92DfnPY