The reason why I chose the pictures for my book cover is because they relate really well to the quotes, and it is also the most relating pictures I could’ve found. I chose the plain black background because and I didnt want to go all out and I wouldn’t have to modify the font color so much because the background would mess with it and you couldn’t clearly see it. The reason why I chose these quotes to put on my book cover is because they stood out to me and it shows how Dr. Rios went through the struggles and he changed his life for the better. What I want my audience to think of Dr. Rios is that he is able to overcome any obstacle that comes his way. He went from hustling and not doing anything in school to someone who changed his life around and went to college and is now a mentor to other kids who live in poverty so they don’t end up like he did.

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Version Of Street Life by Victor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Sophia 6 months ago

Victor,

I think your post is very insightful and thank you for sharing. I think the quotes are very intriguing and I appreciate your sharing this. I especially like the last quote about helping kids to get to college. I am assuming this is a post relating to a book you are reading or have read, but I liked reading this. Here is a website that sort of relates to this: https://www.scholarships.com/resources/public-service-and-volunteering/benefits-of-volunteerism-in-high-school/

Thank you,
    Sophia