Having too much control over people can lead to very drastic and terrible things happening. Having little or no control over people, can lead into events that can get out of hand. For some reason in this world that we live in, you can’t have one or the other, it has to be balanced. Control ties in with a lot of things in this world, from relationships and who has more control in it, to the shootings in America where there’s control over the usage of guns. 

When two people are in a relationship, both should feel equal and should feel like they can tell one another things. Huffingtonpost.com, talks about a how a controller can kill a relationship. “Control is insidious. It wants to win and make your partner the enemy. Control keeps you in a one-up position where connection, trust, and understanding cannot exist. Control is often a safety-net…though it is really just an illusion. You believe it gives you power, when really, it leaves you powerless.” This quote is basically explaining that people who try to have too much control over someone only makes them lose connection and trust with who they’re with. Which is sad because trust is like the air that we breath and once you lose that trust, it’s so hard to gain it back or may not even be gained back. When they lose connection in that relationship, people are more likely to feel lots of uncontrollable anger that can lead to very drastic things such as killing their partner.

When there’s little control over certain situations, then things can get really out of hand. Like the shootings that have been going on in America. Nikolas Cruz, 19, was the suspect in the Florida high school shooting where he killed 17 people, police said. Cruz arrived at the school by taking an Uber car, took the rifle out of a case and began shooting in classrooms. This shows that not having enough control on guns leads to drastic events like these which leads to people getting killed. If we had a system of control on guns, then some of these killings would not be happening.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/liz-higgins-lmft-associate/how-control-is-killing-your-relationship_b_9442268.html

CC BY-SA 4.0 How too much or too little control can lead to killings by Chidiogo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Anthony 9 months ago

I don’t know where Chidigo stands on guns but I feel as if trying to put to many rules and regulations on guns isn’t going to fix problems at least not in America. There should be a healthy middle.

2. brandon 9 months ago

Chidigo, I completely understand what you mean. Like most other things that has a relationship with something else, an equilibrium has to be acquired in order for things too work properly, otherwise, chaos ensues. my question to you in regard to gun control is, how do you think we as a society should deal with guns? And also, which extreme do prefer, everybody has guns with minimal restriction or no guns at all?