Why I Am Sad As Hell,

My country is a country that screams for help.

Yes they screams , they scream for merssee they scream

A country that’s in war day and night

It’s a country that never sleeps

My country is a country that begs for others to help

But yet in return they get nothing

Just cold blue souls

Watching while families and children die

Saudi arabia claims they’re helping but yet there there killing my people

They minute they stepped into my country they turn their backs on us

All we hear from them is BOOM BOOM to our country schools stopping

Families from letting their children get an education because of the risks

Hunger strikes children and adults nothing to eat but the rare grass

Children hit starvation to the point we had 50,000 children who died of starvation

Hospitals are full of adults and  kids who are sick and most likely to die

Mothers and fathers rock there crying kids to sleep.

Yes kids crying in there sleep

Yes my country is a country who thrives through the hard and soft and fights its way

Through the peoples eyes

Its a country that built us into soldiers that we are today and it’s called Yemen

CC BY-SA 4.0 “Why I Am SAD As Hell” by Khlood is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Lindsay 5 months ago

Khlood- this is a really good poem, I liked reading it a lot. I think it is great that you decided to focus on all of the ways we are broken as a country, because it is a reason to be very sad. Each event or aspect you mentioned really saddens me as well, and I hope it saddens all of us. We should not be okay with the way things are going, and it is fair for us to take events in our country personally and care about them deeply. We should all strive to have as much empathy as you have for others in this poem.

2. Salvador 5 months ago

Dear Khlood,

It is sad, I think that what is happening in your hometown is very sad and scary. Those things are very hard for someone, mainly if you saw them when you were there. One sentence that stands out for me is, “Families from letting their children get an education because of the risks, Hunger strikes children and adults nothing to eat but the rare grass.” The reason why It stands out to me is because families would do anything to make sure that their children are okay, so they would stop the schools. Of course they have to make sure that the kids are okay and well. Also adults being able to eat anything even though it is very tough and they can just get anything to eat and feed themselves. Another sentence that was surprising was, “Yes kids crying in there sleep. Yes my country is a country who thrives through the hard and soft and fights its way through the peoples eyes. Its a country that built us into soldiers that we are today and it’s called Yemen.” I think that this part of your poem has a lot to do with your strength because whether you went through this or not you are still able to keep going and making sure to remain strong. You are also proud of where you come from and make sure to mention it at the end of you poem. I agree with you that this may make you sad because these are very harsh circumstances, but I think that you have some excitement in you, and you can keep working hard.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you can write about many more things and it is good that you talk about yourself.