I am Courageous.

You may not see it.

In pictures you would say otherwise.

My stories make you say the opposite.

Two trips can change a person.

I was changed.

I have climbed.

I have jumped.

Heights became my friends.

Fear was no longer an enemy.

Injuries helped me grow.

Scars became memories.

I opened and became someone new.

Courage can lead to that rush.

I choose my adventours.

I will bring anybody on adventours.

Courage got me friends.

Courage got me to fly.

Country to Country, City to City.

Now you know why i’m courageous as hell.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Why I’m Courageous as Hell. by Gerardo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Shane 2 months ago

Gerardo,
    I’m glad you were able to share this on here. As you can see, you have been getting a overwhelming amount of positive feedback and I agree with all of it. This is wonderfully written and I hope you continue with these. I’ll stay tuned. Here’s some benefits of writing poetry that I think you might like. https://www.writingforward.com/poetry-writing/the-personal-benefits-of-writing-poetry

2. Andrea 2 months ago

Gerardo,
    You poem was really run to read. I, too, identify with being courageous. Bravery has opened me to new experiences and I think that is what I related to most in you poem. I really like your writers voice and you seemed very optimistic especially when you said, “Heights became my friends. Fear was no longer an enemy. Injuries helped me grow.” Thanks for writing and I can’t wait to hear more from you!

3. Annie 2 months ago

Gerardo,
    This poem is so powerful, and your words have the power to influence and impact so many readers. Your strength and resilience is so evident in the language you use. The line “My stories make you say the opposite,” hold so much importance because everybody does have a story that you might not be able to see based on a first glance, including you. Through this poem, we were able to get a glimpse of your life and your story, I can tell it has really shaped you into the courageous person you are. I loved the way you wrote your story, and I hope to hear more from you.

4. Nina 2 months ago

Hey Gerardo,
    I just want to say first, that this poem was amazing. I definitely have seen you change and grow into a more outgoing and courageous person over these few years. You continue to do and say as you please without fear, and I’m glad that you are proud to have changed in such a good way. When you say, “Two trips can change a person,” are you referring to two trips you have taken over the past years? If so, would you be courageous enough to share what they were with a friend in need of being courageous herself? 🙂

5. Jessika 2 months ago

Dear Gerardo, I really like your poem and I liked how you said ” I opened and became someone new”, I thought it was really a strong way of expressing your self how many people may not see or get.

6. Rosario 2 months ago

Gerardo, I really enjoyed your poem. I have seen you grown over the years and I’m really proud that you’re building courage. I hope you keep finding things that make you keep growing to a great person. I can relate that trips do change you and I’m glad they changed you for the better. I hope you keep writing and expressing your feelings. 🙂

7. Koji 2 months ago

Hi Gerardo, this was a very good poem. I really liked how you describe how your past has made you a stronger person. I hope that you continue to make more poems, and that you continue to describe your past and how it has changed you into the person that you are today.