Four years old

Dad was teaching my brother and I how to play soccer

Dad has always played soccer

His whole family played soccer

Now we are the new generation

We have to keep the tradition going on

We are not force to

But we love soccer

Joining different teams

Has helped me to become who I am today

I will always appreciate my dad

For teaching me about soccer

For me,

Soccer is the best sport

I like it because it gets really intense

I don’t like losing

When I do I get really mad at myself

But when my team wins I get really happy

My love for this sport is unexplainable

That is why I consider myself

Athletic as hell

CC BY-SA 4.0 Why I’m Athletic As Hell by Rodrigo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Saul 5 months ago

Dear Rodrigo, I am amazed by your poem. As you do, I do too have a passion for soccer and take games seriously because for me the final scored determines who I am as a player and makes me mad when my team looses because I know I wasn’t good enough for the team. A few of the lines that really stood out to me was the following… ” Dad has always played soccer. His whole family played soccer. Now we are the new generation,
    We have to keep the tradition going on. We are not force to, But we love soccer.” I really like this sentence because it showed the love you have towards your father and towards the things that he taught you and your brother. Although, some people do not like the traditions of their families, you loved soccer in which is a tradition and is something that really fulfills you with joy. I do think you are really good at soccer and I think you can follow through this career if you wanted to. You have the skill, the dedication and the heart to do so. With this been said, me despido. Ahite vez peble.

2. Salvador 5 months ago

Dear Rodrigo,

I am amazed by your poem, I think that you have a real passion for soccer, and really take it seriously when it comes to winning or losing. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is, “Has helped me to become who I am today I will always appreciate my dad For teaching me about soccer For me, Soccer is the best sport.” I really like this line because your dad really helped you find something that you really like. Although he taught you not knowing whether you’d actually like it, it helped you develop a really strong relationship with soccer. I think that it is very important to have a passion for a sport that you really like and soccer is your thing you are an amazing player in the field. Another sentence that I liked was, “I like it because it gets really intense I don’t like losing When I do I get really mad at myself But when my team wins I get really happy My love for this sport is unexplainable.” It does get really intense when you are playing and the whole team looks at you. Everyone has a different view on things, but I think that you take soccer serious and you really do like winning because when you win you like to celebrate, though sometimes even when you lose. It is good though that you always keep your head up and love the sport. I agree that it is a sport that it is a really good sport, and that you grew in to it to become a really good player.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I really like how you are able to connect things to back in your life.

3. Jessika 5 months ago

Dear Rodrigo, I really enjoyed reading your poem on why you are athletic as hell and I thought it was a nice way how you connected soccer to your family, and how it made you become who you are.

4. Luis 5 months ago

Dear Roger,

I was surprised with your post. I found it really interesting and learned more about why you play soccer. I now understand why you keep playing in the team even though you guys have won 0 games. Keep up the good work. I want to see my school on the podium with a big trophy.

5. Octavio 5 months ago

Dear Rodrigo, this poem is well written and shows how he first go into the sport of soccer…really enjoyed..