I feel really nervous about posting my first audio recording on Youth Voices. This is my own reading focusing on tone and inflection in a passage from Dr. Victor Rios’ autobiography called Street Life. My understanding of tone in a literary text is that  you must change your voice due to how the text is going on about the background of how the reader is reading. Inflection means changing the word to express the feling of the word. A relationship you can say tone and reflection has is that they both have to change the way expressing their feeling and pain throughout the text.

I am attaching an image of my marked-up text.

-The underline means slow down

-The back slash means to take a pause

-The highlight means speak louder

-The scribble lines under the sentence means speed up.

I hope that you see how my voice escalates according to the text mark-up. I would really appreciate feedback.

CC BY-SA 4.0 “Before Birth”: audio recording by Thomas is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.