My mind is screaming

YOLO

‘you only live once’

Thinking to myself,

That’s what life is about.

Living the best of your life,

Being wild,

And doing whatever you want

without thinking about the consequences.

Not having full control over my decisions made me the person I am today.

Having my mother over my shoulder is something

HEAVY.

Having to hear

“you live under my roof

You do as I say”

And much more

Can be so irritating to a young teen like me

My reckless mind repeats to me

“You will regret the chances you didn’t take today”

That’s why I’m reckless as hell

CC BY-SA 4.0 “Why I’m Reckless As Hell” by Jocelin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Yahaira 2 months ago

Dear Jocelin,

Thanks for writing a little more about you and your life. Others may see you and not think of you as this, so I appreciate you for expressing yourself and expressing your actions. As teenagers, we don’t always make the right decisions but that is okay because we learn from mistakes. I like how after all you appreciate your mom and know that everything she does and tells you is for you.

-Yahaira

2. Jovana 2 months ago

Thank You Jocelin for sharing your poem it was really nice and I agree with you we should all live our lives and have no regrets and also agree with you that it can be annoying when others try to control us and the decisions we want to make.

3. Vesna 2 months ago

Dear Jocelin,

Thank you for sharing this great artistic peace. The short simplicity symbolizes sort of how you only want the best life one without complications but one where you choose what you want.

Vesna Sot