It’s good to be kind

I would give a stranger my very last

Just to hear their joy

The giving of oneself is

The greatest gift of all

A simple hug

Or a helping hand

To a stranger,friend, or family

I like to make someone’s day

Just to smile

Compliment someone

Help someone with work

Or to just even say hi

I speak words with kindness

And I gain happiness

My heart and eyes shine from

Helping someone

Being kind is not a weakness

It’s strength

The strength to give to others

I won’t change how I am

I won’t give up my kindness

Just because others aren’t

That defines the real me

That is why I will always be kind

Kind as hell

CC BY-SA 4.0 “Why I’m Kind As Hell” by Lilian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Ceceli 3 weeks ago

I love your piece! it is really special that you are able to share so much about yourself through this. Thanks for your writing!

2. Kadijah 4 weeks ago

This poem says a lot about your personality, you are a nice person! Thank you for your writing.

3. Catherine 4 weeks ago

I love this piece. I also like your choice in title as well. I hear the word nice thrown around a lot as a synonym for kind, but I consider the two very different, and this wasn’t brought to my attention until recently. I think kind is a very powerful word, and I think that staying kind, especially in the world we live in today is really quite important. Thank you for sharing your work, I really enjoyed reading it.

4. Esme 4 weeks ago

Thank you Lily for expressing how you feel about being kind through this poem. I agree with what you said about how being kind can make someone else’s day,a single act of kindness. It’s really important for people to be kind like you.I hope that there are many more people in this world who think and act the same way as you.