They laugh,

We laugh,

Everyone laughs.

Eyes squinting, growing pain in stomach.

Are they laughing with me?

Are they laughing at me ?

I myself don’t laugh too much at jokes I hear

Usually it’s someone trying to be a funny,

that has to hurt others feeling just for some recognition to feel cool for a second.

Someone that can make ME laugh is very special

I don’t want to laugh at racist jokes or stupid insults

Make fun of yourself or stay quiet instead.

They say I have a smart mouth,

I hope that a good thing.

You always have something to say they tell me

I love the acknowledgment for the creativity of the words I say that generate laughter in others

creating a perfect punch line for a situation is like art,

Yes, I guess sometimes remarks are unnecessary,

But then again being so uptight is aswell.

Just don’t call me annoying because i take that super personal

Why am I funny as hell?

Im funny as hell because im me.

If I can’t be happy all the time then i’ll make sure others can.

Why stress, why cry?

Instead Laugh and live life.

In the famous words of the Joker,

¨Lets put a smile on that face.¨

CC BY-SA 4.0 Why am I funny as hell by Vicente is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Salvador 2 months ago

Dear Vicente,
    I am impressed that you chose funny from all of the characteristics that you have. Though I agree that you are very funny and it is something that really suits you. One sentence that you wrote that stands out for me is, “I love the acknowledgment for the creativity of the words I say that generate laughter in others creating a perfect punch line for a situation is like art, Yes, I guess sometimes remarks are unnecessary, But then again being so uptight is as well.” I really like how you say that it is something creative for you to do or it seems as a way of art for you. Also being able to say things out loud that you mean instead of just keeping them inside of yourself. I can myself say that you are very funny because I always see you making people laugh. Another sentence that I liked was, “I don’t want to laugh at racist jokes or stupid insults. Make fun of yourself or stay quiet instead.” The reason why I really like this line is because you avoid making fun of people or laughing at things that would hurt other people. It is very nice from your part to take in count what others might think or feel. I agree with you that we need laughter because it is something amazing to have. Everyone deserves to be happy and have laughter in their lives.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you are very thoughtful of what others think and how they feel, hopefully you write soon.

2. Juan 2 months ago

I like how he tells jokes but he doesn’t offend no one.

3. Cristina 2 months ago

I loved this poem, mostly because you expressed yourself in a way that you rarely do. You spoke to the audience and challenged me to think about the word “funny”. keep writing, this piece was nice!