After the Parkland shooting in Florida on February 14th, gun control must be implemented. I have decided to write a research paper regarding gun control, especially in the aspect of school. I am very interested to hear anything that you all might have to say. Whether you are pro-gun or anti-gun. Please share your opinions and any helpful outside resources in the comments!

Never Again.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Gun Control by Ellie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Sam 2 months ago

The issue of gun control is obviously one of the most pressing today. I believe that we need stricter gun control laws. I see statistics comparing the US to other countries, and the numbers are staggering. All countries that have effective gun control laws have considerably less shootings, which makes sense. To me, no citizen should need an automatic assault rifle for any reason. I’m glad to see students standing up and promoting change; something might actually be done this time.

2. Valerie 2 months ago

I would like to say that I am not fully anti-gun, but I believe that the average citizen should not have access to weapons of war and weapons of mass destruction. If our troops in the military and navy and air force need weapons, by all means, give them weapons, but our militia is NOT a military force. They should not have access to automatic weapons. what if people under age 18 only had weapons to knives and, one day, someone decided to take a knife to school and kill as many people as possible? They wouldn’t get very far, would they! But if someone comes to school with a gun, they can shoot out windows, bolts, and locks and they will end up killing several more people before the police arrive. Now, if someone was able to have access to automatic weapons, I have a few things to say: 1. they do not need automatic weapons for hunting! Besides, that is cheating. 2. They can fire an unfathomable quantity of bullets per second and can kill hundreds of people within a few minutes. Mental health is not the main problem! Any student, anyone who is angry or bored, can buy a gun and shoot up the school. Mental health does not play a main factor. Automatic weapons, weapons of war, and weapons of mass destruction are no necessary in every-day life! The NRA just sits with sticks up their butts, but they really need to do more than just raise the age for automatic weapons.

3. Dinakar 2 months ago

I have to say I am completely anti-gun. I cannot imagine anyone being pro gun after everything that has happened this year alone. If we look at other countries such as Great Britain, Italy, and Sweden we see that they have little to no issues with guns because of their strict fun laws. It is time for us to change and I am glad students are voicing their opinions and are starting to make a change, but this should have happened years ago. It is disappointing that it took this long for people to realize we need change. This is just the first mile in a marathon, but I believe this is a step in the right direction!