I celebrate myself and sing myself
I came from far and near
The blood and sweat of my parents
The bright music and celebration

I celebrate the all nighters
I breathe in the fragrance of coffee and vanilla beans
Looking at the clock turn 3am
My heart that beats and doesn’t give up

I celebrate the taste of my home
I go into the kitchen to find sights only one can dream of
The rich textures, spices and sweets
Sweet milk and sugar pouring inside my mouth
My body that loves the fire

CC BY-SA 4.0 A Celebrate by Dallanna is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Mia 2 months ago

This is a beautiful poem Dallanna! I like that you focused this poem on celebrating the wonderful parts of your life, whether they be small like the feeling of home or big like the work that your parents have put into you. The structure of your poem is well thought out and it makes the read very smooth. My favorite part of your poem was your last stanza; it had eloquent and soft words which were the perfect way to end your poem. Thank you for sharing a snippet of your life with us! Well done!

2. Maxwell 2 months ago

Dallanna, this was a very nice poem to read. I really liked the emotion and experience that was prevalent throughout. You have a unique writing style and I liked how you carried it through this poem. Good job and I look forward to reading more of your work.