My name is what, my name who? My name is…..

My name is Saul Martinez and it originated from the Hebrew name “Sha’ul” which means “asked for, prayed for”. As told in the Old Testament, I share this name with the first king of Israel and with the name of an apostle Paul, whose original name is Saul. On modern days, I share this name with celebrity that motivates me to do physically better on any kind on sport. Such as one on the best boxer worldwide, Saul “El canelo” Alvarez.

Sharing names with important people motivates every time I see those people out in the field to push myself even further than my limit.

Personally, I haven’t meet a lot of people with that name. Knowing this makes me feel like my name is unique and from there, I can push myself to le the world know the name Saul. Even when I share this name with other celebrities, I can let the people know the name Saul within another field. I can let the world know the future soccer player Saul on the big leagues, the future businessman Saul, the future game designer, or even a movie producer.  

I’m thankful for my parents to think about this name, without this name I wouldn’t know who to look up to other than my family.Family is great and everything but having someone famous to look up to, just makes me to put all in without a doubt.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Saul Martinez Nuno – Name Memoir. by Saul is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Shania 5 months ago

Dear Saul,
    I really like how you introduce yourself in the beginning because most people just be like hi my name is and then start talking about their life and where they come from. I like the fact that you gave a meaning of your name because most people don’t have meanings to their name and I think people with meaning to their name is outstanding. I’m very impressed with your writing and I also like how you connected your name with a worldwide boxer because you both have the same name and it’s actually really cool to have the same name as a celebrity or professional boxer. I like when you started “Sharing names with important people motivates every time I see those people out in the field to push myself even further than my limit” because it shows that you are very extraordinary and like to challenge yourself and I think that’s amazing.
    Sincerely, Shania Brown

2. Jennifer 5 months ago

Dear Saul,

I found your name memoir really interesting and the meaning behind your name. One line that I really liked was, “On modern days, I share this name with celebrity that motivates me to do physically better on any kind on sport. Such as one on the best boxer worldwide, Saul “El canelo” Alvarez”. I find it cool that you share the same name as Canelo. I can kinda relate because I also share the same name as Jennifer Lopez and Jennifer Lawrence. I can’t wait to see what you write next keep up the good work!  

Sincerely, Jennifer

3. Ying 5 months ago

Dear Saul Martinez,
    Your history of the name was very unique of where it was from and why your proud of your name. One sentence that stood out to me in your writing was “Personally, I haven’t meet a lot of people with that name. Knowing this makes me feel like my name is unique and from there, I can push myself to le the world know the name Saul.” I can connected with you because my name is not very common for people to have and I haven’t meet someone with the same name as me as well. But I believe that it’s very unique that many people don’t have the same name as but it makes people easier to remember you and recognize you. In your writing you talked about how family is great and how you name is important. I agree with this because having a name can be important to represent who you are and family is important with your name because there the one that named you and it’s important for them to. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your writing is powerful. But your writing has helped me realize that our names is very important to us because it’s how you introduce yourself to and how you represent yourself.

4. Angeles 5 months ago

I really like how you connected your name to other people (celebrities) and how you explained that, that makes you a better person. I also like how you referred your name in a very positive way.