We are blood, we are FAMILY, we sound the same, Yet all three of us are different. My dad and brother both have the same name Medardo except me, my name just sounds like there’s. My mom did this to have a little meaning but for me it just makes me different from them. I look up to my name alot because it sets me aside. My brother holds a Jr my dad holds a senior yet I am just Gerardo. I hold nothing yet we sound the same. Yet from within family im always the one that not many pay attention too and that has whats set me apart from my brother. My name to me means independent as I have grown to understand who I am and my purposes are. My brother being the oldest set the example based on my father and mothers words yet I don’t follow because I am my own. I am who I want to be and my name has helped me become who I am and continues to represent me. It doesn’t matter if you cut it short for Gera because to me that represents the little kid I still am on the inside it reminds me that everything will be fine and not worry as much that’s why name is shortened in that way. I use my name shorten when i’m around friends because with them I know we’re not doing work and enjoying life but Gerardo is used when talking to adults and people I have met because for me since my name is longer it shows how determined I am on my future path to success. There’s not much different in sound with Medardo and Gerardo but there’s a difference in who we are and how we portray ourselves differently.

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Name 2018 by Gerardo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Nacia 2 days ago

Hi Gerardo my name is Nacia and I really love how you start your post off with a sort of question because it really caught my attention and I really admire that you take such pride in your name and you don’t show in your post that it brings you down a lot. You seem very accepting at the fact that it is your name and that right there shows how strong and unique of person you are. The part that really stood out to me was when you said, “My name to me means independent”. That stood out because it’s to give your own identity meaning and by identity I mean your name. But anyways thank you a lot for allowing me to read your post and I really hope to see more post from you.

2. Shania 4 days ago

Dear Gerardo,
    I really like how talked about your family but mostly when you explained yourself. One sentence that really stood out to me is “ I am who I want to be and my name has helped me become who I am and continues to represent me “ because you should be able to be who you want to be and that’s a good thing. I also liked how you gave a definition of your name which means independent. This is really cool because most people don’t have meanings to their names. I hope to see more of your writings because this one was really good so hopefully you continue.
    Sincerely, Shania Brown

3. Anthony 2 weeks ago

This is really describing who you are and who you want to be. You are original and being yourself and that’s real!