The last name I received has been a huge impact in my life because it has made me who I am today. It has made me be a different person with different people at different points in my life. It has reflected towards what I want to become for my future and what I don’t want to become in my future. It has taught me to be strong as a women and not give up.

My last name Del Rio has taught me to be a stronger person physically and mentally because of family issues and the problems our family face. My last name has impacted my identity to act someone I’m really not with various different people. I only decide to act a certain way with people because I’m sure they won’t do anything to break my trust or say things about me behind my back. The meaning of my last name you can guess it even by hearing it because it is something you hear because it defines a river many people consider it how it is ‘From The River’ because that is what it means.

Where me and my family are from many people consider it differently every single family has a nickname and for us it’s just our last name and many people know us by that where we’re from. My last name has shaped the way I am and it has affected the fact that I can act only a certain way with fewer people than how I used to before. My last name has impacted me  mentally but most importantly it has brought a different version of me that you can say I’m very different than what people think and say. My last name has different backgrounds but people only see the bad side and not the good side as it is what affects me and the rest of the people that carry the same last name as me.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Memoir to last name by Guadalupe is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Jennifer 7 days ago

I can relate to somethings about the expressions and problems. I really like how you express yourself through this name memoir Lupe!