I feel really nervous about posting my first audio recording on Youth Voices. This is my own reading focusing on tone and inflection in a passage from Dr. Victor Rios’ autobiography called Street Life. My understanding of tone in a literary text is how you sound when reading. Inflection means how you change your voice so you can have some of the expression. They both have that relationship where they change your voice.

I am attaching an image of my marked-up text.The markings are the words that I pause that make them seem like they are important to the text.I hope that you see how my voice is strong and follows to the text markup. I would really appreciate the feedback.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Alaa’s Amazing recording by Alaa is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.