My name is Itzel Rosas-Beltran

Itzel Rosas is a name that I go by. My parents gave me my name when I was a little girl. The name Itzel means “rainbow goddess”. Rainbow is defined as a beautiful and mysterious thing. I can connect to this meaning because I sometimes have a lot of things on my mind that others don’t know. Since people don’t know what is going on my mind and I am quiet, I am described as being mysterious. My name represents who I am, my name fits my personality. My parents gave me this name because they thought that my name was “unique” because you won’t hear my name as much. Throughout my whole life I have only meet two people with my same name. Therefore my name is so unique that there’s not a lot of people named the same way I am. I love my name, I love the fact that not a lot of people have the same name as I do.

Itzel Rosas it’s a name that I prefer people calling me because around my house my parents don’t call me by my name, they have a nickname for me, the nickname that my parents gave me was “china”, they call me china because people say I look like an asian girl so when my parents found out people were saying that I looked asian my parents started to call me that. That’s why I would like/ prefer people calling me itzel than my nickname that my parents gave me.

My last name means Roses in english but to me it means more because it is a part of me. Rosa’s is important to me because that is how I am related to my family.

CC BY-SA 4.0 The real meaning of my name by Itzel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Alex 7 months ago

Dear Itzel

Your post “The real meaning of my name” was a very good and it really showed the kind of person you are. I liked how you explained the meaning of your name and how your parents though it was going to be unique that's pretty cool. I like how you explain everything very clearly. One sentence that sticks out to me was “My parents gave me this name because they thought that my name was “unique” because you won’t hear my name as much.” This sentence sticked out to me because its pretty cool how your parents wanted to name you something unique and that's pretty cool. Its shows that your parents love you a lot. Another sentence that sticks out to me is “Throughout my whole life I have only meet two people with my same name. Therefore my name is so unique that there’s not a lot of people named the same way I am.” This sentence sticked out to me because it shows that only 2 people have the same name that's pretty cool. I can't wait to see some new posts that you post.

2. Sofia 7 months ago

This was a beautiful post. Right at the beginning you drew me in by saying that your name meant “rainbow goddess.” I love how you talked about how that applied to who you were as a person and how you are mysterious, much like a rainbow. I also enjoyed how you talked about your last name. You defined it, but then you went on to talk about what it meant to you and how it relates you to your family. It is admirable how much you love your name and who you are as a person.

3. Joanna 7 months ago

Dear Itzel,

I am really proud that you wrote this piece for your name memoir. “The real meaning of my Name” is really good and engaging because if other people were to read it, it would show how engaged and how you like your name show them the important of other names too. One sentence yo wrote that stands out for me is,” My name represents who i am, my name fits my personality”. This quote really stood out to me because this is a really nice engaging because you connected to your name and you described it in so many good ways. Your piece reminded me that no matter what others think it’s okay because that is what your name means ad you should love it.