Kristofer Ramos, a name that follows me everywhere I go, also the first thing I say when meeting someone new. My name represents me and my family wherever I go whether I like it or not so I have learned to embrace it and portray not only myself but my family in a positive way.

When I was younger I had millions of nicknames but I choose Kris because I liked the way it sounded instead of all the other ones, till this day people still call me that. I have a positive relationship with that name too.

My parents raised me with the mentality that nothing in life comes easy. If I wanted something I had to work hard for it. Nothing is easy and it never will be easy especially for a person of color. I think I do well with that with things that enjoy doing like sports I want to push myself to be the best I can be at all times and better the people around me.  

Apart from my first name being different I share the same last name as my dad and my younger brother. I am very honored to share my last name with these two important people in my life. I am proud to be able to represent not only them but everyone else in my family wherever I go. My dad is respectful, hardworking, compassionate towards other people the list goes on.  I want to portray himself through me, I want to be just like him in terms of personality. I still have a long way to go and many things I can learn from him.

I also aspire to be a role model for my younger brother the same way my dad is for me. The same way I am learning from my dad I want him to learn from me. I can also learn a couple of things from him. For example he always tries to see the positive in things and is always

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Label That Follows by Kris is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Nevin 2 months ago

Dear Kris,
    Your writing about being a good role model to your little brother just like your father is to you is very well written, and sounds like it was taken out of a book.

2. Joshua 2 months ago

Dear Kristofer
    I am grateful to read your blog about your name and the meaning of it. A part of your blog that stood out to me the most out of all lines were “Kristofer Ramos, a name that follows me everywhere I go, also the first thing I say when meeting someone new. My name represents me and my family wherever I go whether I like it or not so I have learned to embrace it and portray not only myself but my family in a positive way.”. This line stood out to me the most because you learned to embrace your name like you said in the blog. You show pride to your name. Thank you for writing I look forward to seeing what you write next. You seem like your a good writer and can make a living out of it

3. Enrique 2 months ago

Dear Kristofer,
    I enjoyed reading your post about your name memoir. What moved me about your post was how your parents taught you that life wont be easy and you work really hard to get the things you want. A highlight that I liked about your name memoir was “Nothing is easy and it never will be easy especially for a person of color”. I really like the way you use “nothing is easy”, you will use that to work hard for everything you have to face and do to be successful especially for a person of color. Thank you for writing, I am looking forward in reading more of your post in the future!

4. Fatima 2 months ago

Theres times that its better to be yourself than to follow other people steps. You want to be like your dad (Hard working ad responsible) but are they things you want your that to change so he can become a better person?