Juan

My full name is Juan Miguel Alvarado and I also have the same first, last name as my dad. I think my parents named me after my dad because my dad wanted me with the same name as him I don’t know why he wanted the me with the same as him. He want me to have the same name as him. My favorite part of my name is Juan because it is easy to remember. My relationship with my name is positive because I share the same name as my dad. Me and my dad are funny and we think alike. Another thing about my name is positive is that my name in Spanish means God is gracious and it is a Spanish name. This represents me because my dad is from mexico which gave me this spanish name and also god has been gracious with me and my family.

Some negatives parts of my name is that there are other people that spell my name wrong or gets me confused with someone else.

I have a nickname that my family calls me, also my neighbors call me even some people i know call me it but no one from school knows it. I don’t share it at school because they call me my nickname it will be uncomfortable for me. My nickname has some  positive parts to my identity but it also got some negative parts to my identity. Some parts that is positive to me because my family calls me it and it is the name they prefer to call me by. Some negative parts that affect me is that no one needs to know what my family call me at home and it also affects me because my family should only call me by that name. My nickname is personal to me and my family is the only ones that call me it. If people called me it at school it would feel weird for me and them because they never called me by it before and I am not going to be used to them calling me it.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Juan by Juan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Fernando 2 months ago

Dear Juan,

I liked how you talked about your name and you talked about what it ment in Mexico and that you talked about how your nickname had a positive and negative meaning to it. That your name connects back to your dad and how you dont know why your dad picked your name.

2. Kevin 2 months ago

This is a good name memoir especially the fact that you used your name as a Mexican God. Also the fact that you used your whole entire name was a good form of keeping this name memoir strong.
    Okay I See You ⬇️⬇️⬇️

3. Esme 2 months ago

Dear Juan,

I liked how you expressed what you feel for your name and how your name connects to your dad. Also, I can relate to you because, people call me differently from school and my family. I wonder why your nickname makes you uncomfortable though. Overall, I liked how you wrote about your name and I can tell it means so much to you.