Us humans have been around for along time, but at the rate we’re going right now, we might not be around much longer. Due to factors such as pollution, lack of resources, and sheer overpopulation, the future isn’t looking all to bright for humans right now. In an article by CNBC, world-renowned scientist Stephen Hawking claimed that, ” the human race only has 100 years before we need to colonize another planet” or else we will be doomed as a species. Similar to these, I found more articles from Gizmodo and The Washington Post that further support these claims, saying that our best hope is find a way to colonize other planets before we exhaust our resources here on Earth. Possible ways that our species will end such as asteroid strikes, deadly diseases, and famine are all speculated upon within these pieces. Any feedback or additional sources would be very helpful to continue on with my essay, and I’d appreciate it very much. I will post the link to my annotated article below.

CNBC hypothesis annotations: https://hypothes.is/users/billyriley5

CC BY-SA 4.0 When will the human race come to an end? Argumentative Research Topic by Billy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Koji 8 months ago

Hi Billy,
    this is a very interesting topic that you have chosen. Your topic concerns all of humanity, and plays a huge part in our future generations. I often wonder how long it will be until we kill off our species, or we destroy all of our resources and food. A good resource/video i think you would find interesting is linked to this comment. I think you should check it out if you have the time.

2. Ravi 8 months ago

Billy,
    This topic was very interesting to read about. This link will take you to an interesting article I read about why we should colonize otehr planets. https://futuretravel.today/why-we-must-colonize-space-ea7d54e2deb6
    I have heard this topic before that there is a cap to how much we can take from the earth until there just arent enough resources. Hope you find what you were looking for.

3. Angie 8 months ago

Dear Billy,
    I agree with the fact that the human race is the one to blame for the affects we have caused to planet. Maybe you should look for articles on climate change and the damages it has done around the world, which is a leading cause to the change in weather and potential extinction to animals on earth. You could also look for the over grown population around the world, as to why in certain cultures having a big family is a good thing but the impact it has on earth it isn’t. I am interested in to what else you will add to your topic, good luck!

4. Max 8 months ago

Billy,
    I find this topic very interesting. I have seen scientists and meteorologists in shows who discuss this topic and they mention a “cap” to human existence meaning that eventually the human race will get to a point where we can no longer survive on this earth.