We human beings seem like we can’t keep our heads correct when we are mad or feel like everything is going wrong. Some of us deal with it really well and fix our problems but some of us don’t own up to it and want to take it out on other people. They question is why? Why kill someone that may be innocent for your problems, and if they did something to you why not forgive instead of seeing for revenge.

According to www.psychologytoday.com, “Human beings kill anything…. Carnivores kill food; we kill our family members, our children, our parents, our spouses, our brothers and sisters, our cousins and in-laws. We kill strangers. We kill people who are different from us, in appearance, beliefs, race, and social status.” From this I seem to understand that we kill because we are seeking for revenge. That we look for a solution to fix our feelings inside so we go and find a way how to get that stress reliever. It’s very sad to hear that people are sometimes willing to kill their own family members.

One may ask where does this desire to kill originate from. Maybe from primate ancestors. According to www.sciencemag.org “Human bloodlust—from war to murder—traces back millions of years to our primate ancestors. That’s the conclusion of a controversial new study, which reaches far back into our family tree to uncover the evolutionary roots of lethal violence among more than 1000 mammalian species…Murder has been observed in animals ranging from chimpanzees to wolves to marmots, a type of oversized squirrel. José Maria Gómez, an evolutionary biologist at the University of Granada and the Spanish National Research Council’s campus in Almería.” If this is true, then why don’t we humans, now that we’re more advanced and are progressing to new things, change the way we act and change or thoughts on killing one another?

If one is having any terrible thoughts on killing someone, here’s what one should do, they should really go and talk to somebody. According to www.quora.com, “If your thoughts are something that are becoming strong enough where you feel that you need to act on them, or have become where just a passing thought isn’t enough, then you need to talk to your doctor.” Seeing someone professional will really help with this type of problem. Also maybe looking back at past things that may have happened to you and try to fix them if possible.  

https://via.hypothes.is/https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-new-brain/201610/humans-are-genetically-predisposed-kill-each-other

CC BY-SA 4.0 Why Do We Kill Each Other? by Chidiogo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Yadira 2 months ago

Dear Chidiogo,
    I am delighted that someone is interested in this topic. I do agree that people seek revenge or take upon others to cope with what they experience. Something you wrote that was interesting was,”It’s very sad to hear that people are sometimes willing to kill their own family members.” I thought that what you wrote here is great even though the family can damage one’s mental state of mind. I agree with what you said on how we humans take upon us to make others feel miserable to cope what the have gone through. Thanks for writing this piece looking forward to future pieces you will write.

2. Ivan 2 months ago

humans will do anything for power.

3. Michael 2 months ago

This is a very interesting topic, but Quora.com is not a reliable source.

4. Joey 2 months ago

this is a strong and descriptive blog.

5. Elliot 2 months ago

this is a strong and descriptive blog.

6. Kevin 2 months ago

this is a strong and descriptive blog.

7. Hannah 2 months ago

Hi Chidiogo, I am interested in your research topic. Humans are emotional beings. Like what you said “we human beings seem like we can’t keep our heads correct when we are mad or feel like everything is going wrong”; people always tell me never make decisions when I am angry because decisions being made during that time is irrational and impulsive. However, I am always wondering why we will make poor decisions from a physiological perspective. Every single one’s live is equally important so there should be no killing. Thank you for your post!
    Here is a helpful resource: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-moral-lives-animals/201111/murder-and-morality