,

Blog Post Audio Recording

I feel really nervous about posting my first audio recording on Youth Voices. This is my own reading focusing on tone and inflection in a passage from Dr. Victor Rios’ autobiography called Street Life. My understanding of tone in a literary text is knowing what attitude to use when reading or writing something. Inflection means the way you read something. Tone and Inflection go hand in hand, one supports the other. To make a reading stroger you need to be aware of what you are reading and how you are reading it.

I am attaching an image of my marked-up text. I highlighted words that I emphasized. I made a slash in between words, that means I paused. I underlined words/sentences where I would slow down. I made a squiggly line under words/sentences where I sped up. 

I hope that you see how my voice <action verb> according to the text mark-up. I would really appreciate feedback.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Street LIfe Audio Recording by Cesar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Keaton 1 year ago

Hey Ceasar!
    This is really cool! I didn’t now you could attach audio to a post. Anyways, I thought you did a really good job. As I looked at the places you would pause I thought that it sounded awkward, but when you read them out loud they sounded very natural and dramatic. I would say to annunciate a bit better. Here is a video that I think is a good example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdTZ_vPCUhU&t=55s