In 20 years it would be 2038. I would be standing inside a stadium with hundreds of thousands of people. I’m going to say a prayer in the locker room before going to the field. People would be cheering for my team and me. I will be wearing number 3 uniform. Tie my cleats nice and tight. Tuck in my shirt, look professional. My squad will be singing the national anthem of their country. I will be playing with everything I got being competitive. It would be the 90th minute; everybody is tired. I will still be running pushing myself to over the limit. As the last second’s approach, I get a small chance, and I take advantage, and I score. Winning the game and becoming the champions. My daily life would be waking up and meeting with the team, eating, training together. At this point in my life, I would be a professional footballer. I’m inspiring the people who play football that anything is possible if they work hard and stay dedicated. In 20 years things would change, technology would be very advanced. However, peace will never settle because stereotypes will always be around. As long as people judge one another peace will be impossible.

CC BY-SA 4.0 In 20 Years by Eduardo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Ceceli 9 months ago

Eduardo,
    It is very inspiring to see that you are so passionate about something that you could see yourself doing it twenty years. I like how you tied stereotypes in to this because I think a lot of times certain stereotypes can draw us away from our dreams and what we truly want to accomplish in your life. Thanks for your post!

2. Mary 9 months ago

Hi Eduardo! I loved reading this because it is inspiring when people are ambitious and have high dreams that they believe they can achieve. I always find it fascinating when people love a sport so much they could do it for the rest of their lives. At the end you wrote, “peace will never settle because stereotypes will always be around” and this was very profound and true now that I think about it. These stereotypes cause people to be blinded by their subconscious which detracts them from freely getting to know others, which often causes conflict. I hope there is a way to eliminate stereotypes and change people’s minds about assuming traits for others. I think you will like this article about breaking stereotypes, http://www.thesetonian.com/2018/02/08/students-break-gender-stereotypes-in-studies/. I hope your dreams of becoming a professional footballer come true!

3. Zachary 9 months ago

Eduardo,
    This is a really well written article. I like that you have a dream for yourself and that you are willing to chase for. I also like your line on stereotype line. I agree with you that there will not be peace without people not judging one another. This was a very good article.

4. Tanner 9 months ago

Hi Eduardo,
    It is interesting to hear what you plan to do in 20 years. It is also interesting you bring up stereotypes. Why do you think people create stereotypes about others? And do you think stereotypes can also have positive effects?
    It is still interesting to read and I hope you follow your goals you set for yourself in life!

5. Jack 9 months ago

Eduardo,
    I think that this is a very cool article that you have written. I like how you have set your sights high and believe that you can achieve anything. I like how at the end you brought up a different point than what your the first part of your article brings up. But do you think that stereotypes still occur today because everyone is afraid of changing their culture norm. In all I think this is a great article and am excited to see what else you do.

6. Chidiogo 9 months ago

Hello Eduardo, I like this mini article that you made. It is true that stereotypes are always going to be around now that they have been made. I would have loved if you added some more examples and articles to explain your reasoning. Although, I still very much like this post.