,

I feel really nervous about posting my first audio recording on Youth Voices. This is my own reading focusing on tone and inflection in a passage from Dr. Victor Rios,’ autobiography called Street Life. My understanding of tone in a literary text is meaning where to do the high-level voice when to pause making it sound interesting where is speeding up and the rhythm. Inflection means level, Rhythm when to speed up. For example, you are starting talking fast in the beginning that means you emphasize meaning you sound high level. t contrasts with tone, in which pitch variation does distinguish words. So when your voice rises at the end of a question, that is technically called intonation inflection has two meanings: it can sometimes mean intonation.

I am attaching an image of my marked-up text. “I highlighted where I circle words that means that would sound high level… make the underline means going or reading fast, wiggling lines mean that going reading slowly and “/” means pausing for a little bit.”

I hope that you see how my voice I record, according to the text markup. I would appreciate the feedback. Thank you!

CC BY-SA 4.0 A Short Reading from Chapter 2 of Street Life by Alex is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.