“It could not have been ten seconds, and yet it seemed a long time that their hands were clasped together. He had time to learn every detail of her hand. He explored the long fingers, the shapely nails, the work-hardened palm with its row of , the smooth flesh under the wrist. Merely from feeling it he would have known it by sight” (Orwell 116).

Winston and Julia are the ones who have complete power during this scenario. As we know, it is extremely forbidden to express any emotion or signs that prove your emotional well-being or ill-being. The powerful have there power because they chose to forget about the ones who have the actual power. Winston and Julia not have not only broke the rules, but also put each other in grave danger.  As much as Big Brother and his Party try to control these people there are some things that they simply cannot dominate. They   (Are big brother and his society actually as powerful as they seem?)

Photo by d:space

CC BY-SA 4.0 Forbidden Emotion by Rosalinda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.