No one can tell what’s in their future, so all they can do is hope. In 20 years, If all goes according to plan, I see myself as a professional soccer player, playing for FC Barcelona. If things don’t go according to plan, I see me myself as a dad, married, and with a good, reliable job. Worst case scenario, I end up dropping out of high school and homeless. All I can do now is hope I take the correct steps to get to my dream.

If my dream of becoming a professional soccer player comes true, I’ll most likely be living a very, very good life. Every single day, I’d be waking up and going straight to the treadmill to do my daily cardio workout. As soon as I’m done, I get breakfast and straight to practice. As I arrive, I see a news reporter right at the entrance and give a quick interview. I explain, to the reporter, how it feels to be compared to the greatest of all time, like Messi and Ronaldo. When I’m done with the interview, I go inside and get the news that we’ll be playing a very important match next week against Real Madrid. With the match in my mind, I went all out in practice because Real Madrid were our rivals and beating them in a match, would put us on top as the best soccer club in the world. After practice, I head over to the soccer academy where my kids are training. I pick them up, go to In N Out, because this specific day is a cheat day, then go home, devour our food and hope we live until the next day.

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Life in 20 Years by Jesus is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.