How do you feel about immigration and how does it affect you?

Immigration is coming to live permanently in a foreign country a place at an airport or country’s border where government officials check the documents of people entering the country. And basically called undocumented people.

Based on research and interviews it is clear that Immigrants often feel scared because of deportation and at the same time feel hopeful because they have left everything in their old lives to start new in the United States.

Immigrants are scared to get deported and will let themselves be silent so they don’t get deported. In an article titled “Fearing deportation, undocumented immigrants wary of reporting crimes” by Sam Levin, it explains “Sadly, it appears that [Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s] aggressive tactics, including arresting people at courthouses, are having a chilling effect. The result is that more victims will remain in the shadows and more immigrants will be vulnerable to abuse. No person should fear that reporting a crime or going to court will put them at risk of deportation” (Levin). This is explaining how immigrants have the fear to get deported and that immigrants have rights too and they should not fear. It also shows that immigrants can be silent and let other people of higher level oppressed them like stereotyping them. Additionally, immigrants also may be depressed and won’t come out of home and be afraid for rest of their lives in the article “ The fear of deportation is making immigrants sick” by Tiziana Rinaldi he says “ Over 43 million immigrants who live in the U.S. could be affected, directly or indirectly, by the turn of the screw of the Trump administration’s policies on immigration enforcement. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s new policy is to no longer tolerate anyone without papers, and President Trump has endorsed legislation that would significantly decrease legal immigration.” This shows how immigrants can have the risk to leave because of today’s president and if they let themselves be silent it will be worse and be more scared.

Additionally, Not only do they feel scared, but they also feel hopeless to have a new life in the United States. To begin, my interviewee Veronica Becerra states, “When me and my husband came to the U.S we left everything and came here empty and didn’t know English and didn’t have a job and it affects us both because we wanted a better life but we knew it will be hard life” (Becerra).

I know this is true because immigrants come to united states and don’t know how to speak English so it’s going be difficult for immigrants. My interviewee is saying everything about how an immigrants life is when they come to the United States. It also affects Oakland in today’s day because more undocumented people are coming in and today’s president says immigrants are taking over united states.

To begin my interview Elizabeth Martinez states: “They feel scared to speak up for their rights in order to be in the united states because immigrants have rights. too” (Martinez). This shows that not all undocumented people who come to the United States have to be scared and be deported just because they’re immigrants and they should not be silent and always say what’s right. Also, immigrants rights are good to hear because we can know what they have been affected and make the world better.

Some may argue that immigration is a bad thing in the United States because it will be a better place and there would be no more violence and won’t take over the United States. In the article, “Trump’s claim that immigrants bring ‘tremendous crime’ is still wrong” by Salvador Rizzo, the author says: “They want to have illegal immigrants; in many cases, people that we don’t want in our country. They want to have illegal immigrants pouring into our country, bringing with them crime, tremendous amounts of crime”(Rizzo).

This explains how immigrants are being deported and not having rights because as you can tell immigrants can be sent home if they commit a crime but also if they are illegal. To conclude immigrants have rights a voice and they are here to have a better life and yes there illegal but still need respect.

In conclusion, at the end, immigration has a lot of pros and cons and we need to respect that every human has needs. And immigrants will still be scared of deportation and be silent and not have rights.

Annotated Bibliography

Becerra. “Immigration” 26 Dec. 2017.
I spoke with Becerra about Immigration. We spoke about how immigration affects families and how the president is treating immigration and experiences about immigration. Ms. Becerra is a family related and I know she comes from a family experienced with immigration and said “when me and my husband came to the U.S we left everything and came here empty and didn’t know English and didn’t have a job and it affects us both because we wanted a better life but we knew it will be hard life” so I wanted my interview to be with people who had experienced or not. She is credible because

Martinez Elizabeth. “Immigration .” 29 Dec.2017. I spoke with Martinez about immigration and how immigrants been deported back home. She tells me about how she feels and connects to undocumented people that come to the USA they feel scared to speak up for their rights in order to be in the united states because immigrants have rights. She also tells me a lot about how Dana’s trump has been on the tv and how he talks about undocumented people. She tells me that immigrants should not fear if they had not done anything bad and should not be deported. She is credible because she has family and left everything to come to the USA.

Rizzo, Salvador. “Analysis | Trump’s claim that immigrants bring ‘tremendous crime’ is still wrong.” The Washington Post, WP Company, 18 Jan. 2018, www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/01/18/trumps-claim-that-immigrants-bring-tremendous-crime-is-still-wrong/?utm_term=.326dfbc23667. This article was about how Donald trump our president has said a thing about Immigration and Salvador Rizzo has published about how trump ideas about deportation. And this is credible because I see it a lot in the news of how donald trump being ignorant tours immigrants.

“The fear of deportation is making immigrants sick.” The Week – All you need to know about everything that matters, 1 Sept. 2017, theweek.com/articles/721638/fear-deportation-making-immigrants-sick. This article was about how Donald Trump has sent immigrants back and comparing Obama when he was president. Also, those immigrants fear and millions of immigrants have been affected by deportation. This is credible because I think most of the article is true because I’ve seen it and people have marched because deportation has been effecting immigrants.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Behind immigration by Paola is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Lis 10 months ago

Dear Paola,
    I really liked that you talked about such a strong and important topic, especially now with everything that has been happening. I really appreciate that you provided quotes too prove you thesis, and have such a strong conclusion. Thanks again for writing this, hope to read more of your work soon.

2. Lisseth 10 months ago

Dear Paola,
    I really liked that you wrote about immigration because it is a really important topic to talk about, especially because of all that has been happening lately. I like that you provided quotes in order to prove your point and make your thesis stronger. I enjoyed reading your post, you should keep writing posts.

3. Lisseth 10 months ago

Dear Paola,

4. Joshua 11 months ago

Dear Paola,
    Thank you for making me read your work. I am impressed with your blog behind immigrants. One sentence that stood out to me the most was “This is explaining how immigrants have the fear to get deported and that immigrants have rights too and they should not fear. It also shows that immigrants can be silent and let other people of higher level oppressed them like stereotyping them” because what your saying is true. I agree with the message you are trying to say behind immigrants.You have really nice analysis and could make more blogs with this good analysis. Another article you might want to read is that is good about your topic on behind immagration is “https://www.insightcrime.org/news/brief/coyotes-feed-on-migrant-workers/. This article is good because its how immagrants get here to the us. Thank you for writing. I look forward to seeing what u write next because your a really good writer and you could publish some good blogs and you have some good analysis.

5. Jessica 11 months ago

As a child of an immigrant the believe of better life, better education is at heart in whatever we do. But the consistent fear of waking up the next day and finding yourself back to the beginning is haunting many of us. Thanks for sharing this!