Both Sides of Video Games

Did you know games could actually help Teens!

According to “Playing video games is good for your brain video games”, can help teens in many ways. One way is, “by having many obstacles in a game. Since it would causes someone to think seconds ahead before they do anything. Scientists say playing video games improve people’s reaction time. A test “playing games” did was to get people who never played video games before was let them play 50 hours of a certain game and they kept getting better that they stopped training.

Reasons why video games are bad for society.

It is true that some studies have shown certain video games can improve hand eye coordination, problem-solving skills, and the mind’s ability to process information. But too much video game playing may lead to health problems. According to “World Health Organization”, video games are not good for you because it causes some people to just basically stay home do nothing. So they don’t move which cause the people that stay home and not get the exercise they need in order to stay healthy.  It also causes people to not go out as much as they use to before they started playing video games which makes gamers lazy. Playing video games could also cause people to stare of and not concentrate in the outside world. “Family resource.com  says playing games is a waste of time. Because you could be outside climbing mountains,biking, or hanging with friends none could be accomplished on video games. Family resources also says video games could ruin relationships because who ever is the one playing does not pay much attention to the other which causes them to break the relationship.

Counterclaim that supports video games  

Evidence from “7 Reasons your kids should play video games”  Because of the games kids are becoming more social, better at problem solving, teamwork and strategic thinking. Also saying video games have been found to improve the balance and coordination of numerous patients from stroke victims to those suffering from Parkinson’s Disease. Even if your kid is healthy and does not care about video games improving certain skills like hand-eye coordination is a great  skill to improve/have. If parents don’t want their kids to be addicted they need to spend time with their kid. If parents just tell them to get of there not going to because they can’t do anything outside by themselves. The kid would want to spend time with parents but not play by themselves outside. Taking a kid somewhere would make them stop playing video games. But still kids should still play games to improve certain skills others say games are bad for kids all they need to do is spend time with their kids or take them out. Then kids would forget all about games and focus on parents one of the things kids

love is spend time with their parents. So for all those parents saying games are bad spend time with your kid. This would make kids go outside and still be able play video games so stay healthy and upgrade on skills because of the games my thoughts of how parents could make kids play outside and play video games.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Both side for video games by Nathan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.