On January 1, 2018, marijuana became legal in California. The California law is: ¨Retail sales of recreational cannabis will go into effect until January 2018 at the earliest. Effective immediately, adults 21+ can legally possess, transport, and grow marijuana for recreational use. Businesses can not sell recreational cannabis until licensed (mid-2018)” (New California Weed Law).  This legalization will support people who prefer using marijuana as medication instead of pills. Also, it will create a shift in the Oakland youth because there will be another big corporation that is growing and young Oakland students could get involved, into the new jobs that will be created. How will legalized marijuana impact the students of Oakland and help the community? Do you think marijuana will help the economy grow? By legalizing marijuana, will there be more drivers stoned while driving? How will this be a positive or negative change for the community? It has come to my attention that while legal marijuana will not shift much for Oakland youth, who may continue to use it illegally; it will help people using it legally to treat pain.

Throughout Oakland, there has been a lot of underage smoking and influence of others to get into smoking. Before marijuana was legal, there was  a lot of under age smoking throughout Oakland. I have some friends that are the same age as me who have been smoking marijuana since they got introduced to it. Nowadays people can notice who smokes and who doesn’t, and how they smell and what they are posting on their snaps or Instagram. Although marijuana is legal for recreational use in California,  people who are not even 18 or 21 will still be underage smoking without a medical card or doctor prescription. Therefore, it will impact the students of Oakland the same way as before they still going to be underage smoking. Also, they just got another option to buy marijuana just like alcohol and tobacco. This means they will keep on smoking and influencing other kids to smoke and try new drugs. This will create a chain reaction of young youth smoking at a young age by getting influences often.

Also, some people use marijuana to calm down or to relieve pain. Therefore one of my interviewees stated, “I don’t think it would impact them any different than when it was illegal when consuming marijuana. Also helps the people who were in pain and couldn’t use cannabis before, to calm their nerves or their problems such as depression, anxiety. Marijuana can get rid of taking pills for pain or using pill. Marijuana can be a daily used medication for people who don’t like taking pills and prefer something nature such as marijuana” (Alameda resident).  I have come across an article called, “16 Facts That Prove Smoking Marijuana Is Good For Your Health” it explains that since marijuana is legal now, it will improve people´s health because marijuana can stop many different diseases and mental problems like depression and anxiety. Also, cannabis can stop cancer from spreading and HIV. This plant has the power to change the world. Also, help the elder in pain and that are going through a battle with cancer. And the people who got HIV can be helped by cannabis (Kioulos). Since it is legal parents who have kids that have health problems or are special ed can be using cannabis to help them be calm, and if they get seizures, it can be handled by marijuana.

Also, marijuana is safer than taking pills. I have found a chart that shows that taking pills and overdosing causes more deaths than marijuana (ZenMD).  Since pills cause more death, this means that using marijuana is safer than using pills because every time a person goes to the doctor and gets prescriptions on medication it has a label that says it may cause side effects. And yes there are some side effects of using marijuana but not as many as using pills. Another fact is, marijuana will help people that need it for a medical purpose that was not approved by doctors. They will now be able to purchase marijuana without any prescription/medical prescription approval.

However,  marijuana will cause some side effect over time, and they are some long-term and some short-term problems. Marijuana can cause some memory loss and panic when a person uses it on a daily basis. Also in the long term, it can cause a person to have relationship problems and outbreaks of violence.

Additionally, some would argue that the marijuana industry provides youth with more opportunity. Not only weed is an impact on the students of Oakland but is a great business to look into and a future for a new generation. What they are calling a “billionaire movement.” One of interviewee said, ¨Yes it will definitely help, because is opening doors to young people to have a career in the cannabis industry. Its a billion dollar industry regardless of its legalization. UC’s Are providing courses on cannabis to learn the business, grow, health benefits” (Anonymous Oakland resident). This proves that marijuana is going to be used in a positive way by showing the young student of Oakland how to make money instead and how the plant works. There are courses that going around that will turn a student that used marijuana into a better person and know what they are smoking and learn something good. Instead of them being drug dealers they become part of a huge corporation this is growing as we speak. They will make clean money and not have to risk his life in the streets of Oakland selling grams of weed when he could be selling shipments and making a better living too. Also, create a stock to help him boost up his profits and be well known as the most organic cannabis seller in the market. Additionally, During some research base on the economy,  marijuana can make the states so much money, I mean millions. In the article, the “14 Ways Marijuana Legalization Could Boost The Economy | HuffPost” this article is based on how marijuana will rise the chats of the economy and make a lot of profits for the states. The article stated, “The states could see a major economic boom because of the legalization. The new measure is expected to bring the two states more than $550 million combined, with more than 300 economists previously estimating that legalizing pot could save the U.S. up to $14 billion a year. That’s not even taking into account the extra Funyun consumption¨(HuffPost). This a great investment for the youth who are interested in making big bucks on something they are smoking on a daily basis. Legalizing marijuana open new doors for youth to be able to focus on something different and start a career they actually enjoy working on something that gets their attention. Also not only do the growers of marijuana going to make profits but so are the states.

In conclusion, marijuana will impact the students of Oakland the same way when it was illegal to smoke. But it will create a new opportunity for the new generations to invest and decade themselves into growing marijuana for a career. Why marijuana is a great investment:

• Makes millions of dollars to the grower and to the states
  • No need to risk their lives selling marijuana in the streets
  • New carriers
  • People all over Oakland smoke marijuana ( adults)
  • Also, help stop pain
  • Stops cancer from spreading

Annotated Bibliography

Anonymous  Oakland resident “How will legalize marijuana impact the students of Oakland.” 29 Dec. 2017. Anonymous Oakland resident discussed, “what is the impact of cannabis in Oakland.”

It will impact the students in the way that now they could buy it as if it was tobacco. I don’t think so because tobacco is a big Corporation and been around for a long time. Marijuana Corporation is just starting and need a couple of years to grow fully. They are going to be competing with the other corporation that been around for years. It will take marijuana corporations couple of years until they see money flowing. I think it is going to be a lot of competition in the stock to like it was apple and android.

“14 Ways Marijuana Legalization Could Boost The Economy | HuffPost.”

14 Ways Marijuana Legalization Could Boost The Economy | HuffPost, 7 Nov. 2012, Accessed 29 Dec. 2017. The states could see a major economic boom because of the legalization.  The new measure is expected to bring the two states more than $550 million combined, with more than 300 economists previously estimating that legalizing pot could save the U.S. up to $14 billion a year. That’s not even taking into account the extra Funyun consumption. (HuffPost)

This source is credible because it gives good facts and it has a vision the same as minds, and I really connected to this article. If it was interesting to me then it interesting to other people. Also, the article explains how the future business will create an opportunity for them to work on something they are interested in and probably what they smoke. SO they will have some experiences and will create a good business. They will make so much money by this new growing corporation.

Anonymous Alameda Resident. “How will legalize marijuana impact the students of Oakland?” 8 Jan. 2018.

I interviewed this person because she is a user of marijuana and she is informed on all the new laws that have come in for marijuana use. This person was glad that California legalized marijuana because she knew people who had special kids that went through seizures every day and she has seen in Colorado that they use marijuana oil to calm the kids down. So they were happy to hear the kids that need help in Oakland are going to be treated with a natural plant and not medicine. She been a user and a member for a while and really knows her stuff on marijuana.

Resident, Unknown Oakland. “How will legalize marijuana impact the students of Oakland.” 1 Jan. 2018.

They have been living in Oakland for their whole life. They have experiences different types of drugs and know how Oakland is. I interviewed this person because they have experience with marijuana and knows how kids under age have been smoking since they were in middle school, and high school. He had seen how people who are user influences the new generation to smoke. He predicts that the new law will lower underage smoking.

Admin. “NEW CALIFORNIA WEED LAWS-EXPLANATION OF PROP 64.” MMJ Doctor Online, Admin http://Mmjdoctor.com/Wp-Content/Uploads/2016/12/Mmj-Logotype.png, 3 Jan. 2018, mmjdoctor.com/new-california-weed-laws-explanation-of-prop-64/.

I trust this article because it has a bunch of information about the new laws on Marijuana. It shows all the California laws and how it is turning into a serious matter. Also, they are working on improving it to be more stricter to keep youth out of it, by raising the age limit. Plus making a living by growing and selling marijuana. They have these laws to keep people on check. Also to make sure no one is abusing the laws. This new law will open doors to young youths.

Admin, Author. “Medical Marijuana vs. Prescription Drugs: Why Marijuana Comes Out on Top.” ZenMD, 19 Sept. 2017, zenmd.net/medical-marijuana-vs-prescription-drugs/.

I can across this good article that shows a chart that shows that taking pills and overdosing causes more deaths than marijuana. This was a great source for me because some people don’t like taking pills, so they prefer marijuana.  Also Since pills cause more death, this means that using marijuana is safer than using pills because every time a person goes to the doctor and gets prescriptions on medication it has a label that says it may cause side effects.

Kioulos, Yiota. “16 Facts That Prove Smoking Marijuana Is Good For Your Health.” MTL Blog, MTL Blog, 5 Feb. 2015, www.mtlblog.com/lifestyle/16-facts-that-smoking-marijuana-is-good-for-your-health.

I chose this website because it has a whole bunch of great facts, on marijuana is good to smoke. Also, it shows how people who are in pain can help them relax. It even helps people who don’t like taking pills. This article proves a lot can be done with just a plant. This Plant called marijuana can cure a lot of diseases and stop certain diseases stop spreading in the body.  

Mosley, Tonya. “State’s First Recreational Pot Licensee Confident Growth Will Continue.” KQED News, 2 Jan. 2018, ww2.kqed.org/news/2018/01/02/states-first-recreational-pot.

I decided to used this article because it’s from trustworthy news called KQED News. This news site gives real information and does not have hoax news. I also watch this new on my Tv, so I know it’s a great source.  I always watch them, and they did a topic about marijuana that got my attention.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Billionaire Movement by Daniel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. David 7 months ago

Dear Daniel,
    I am very thankful for posting this post. I think that you make a very strong argument and I believe that you can change the opinions of some. The reason why I am thankful is because I know many people who smoke marijuana, and I do not believe that it is a bad thing if they are doing it in a safe. I think that is would be a good thing if parents saw this because they do not like it when their children smoke weed, but they are okay with them drinking alcohol, when in reality alcohol is more dangerous. I like how you mentioned that marijuana will be used to medical reasons and it will be safe. I also like the line, “This proves that marijuana is going to be used in a positive way by showing the young student of Oakland how to make money instead and how the plant works” because it is true that it will create safe jobs. I hope you keep writing about important topics.

2. Jose 8 months ago

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing you write next because it seems like you sound intrested in your topic and made good research. I like how profesional the post sounded with some personal experiences about the topic .

3. Aida 8 months ago

I really like your intro. I think it was really cool. It hooked me into reading more.

Daniel 7 months ago

Thank you for reading my blog and I got more coming your way.

4. Kamyiah 8 months ago

Dear Daniel,
    I am shocked by your post “Billionaire Movement” because of all of the points it gets across. You talk about the ways it impacts kids and their underage smoking, yet how it’s beneficial to the old people and licensed people who need marijuana. Your post is confusing but then has lots of knowledge. One sentence that you wrote that stood out to me was, “ It has come to my attention that while legal marijuana will not shift much for Oakland youth, who may continue to use it illegally; it will help people using it legally to treat pain.”. I like this sentence because it has a feeling that you show care for the Oakland youth regarding the mariojuana, and it’s heartwarming. Another sentence that stood out to me was, “people who are not even 18 or 21 will still be underage smoking without a medical card or doctor prescription. Therefore, it will impact the students of Oakland the same way as before they still going to be underage smoking.”. This sentence makes me wonder, well okay so what should we do to help this problem. It’s very thought provoking. I do agree with you about kids that are still smoking will influence other kids too. I agree with this because when it comes to good or bad influences, these influences go around like a cycle and it’s noticeable. Another reason I agree with is that marijuana is used for the medical purpose. I agree with this because it’s a medical fact, and it’s good you have these facts in here for other readers. Thanks for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because it was a very detailed writing. Your writing has great points and it’s nice to agree with almost all of them. I can’t wait to read more of your work.

Daniel 7 months ago

Im very glab my blog got your attenion. Im happy that you really enjoyed reading my blog. I will have more great blogs coming your way. Thank you for being supportive to my blog and leaving a comment and feed back that you really enjoyed my blog.
      By Daniel Gonzalez

5. Guadalupe 8 months ago

Dear Daniel:
    I am surprised by your post. I like the topic that you choose because it is really interesting and many people don’t think about this topic. A sentence that I like from your post is the fact that you include in your introduction paragraph. Another sentence that I like from your post was the other facts that you include at the end of your post because these shows some things that this plant is helpful for and some ways that this would be beneficial for the seller. Your post is really good. You include a lot of evidence and that is really good. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next.

Daniel 7 months ago

Thank you, for reading my blog. Im very gladyou enjoyed it and it catched your attenion. I will have more interesting blogs coming your way. Thansk you for suppporting my blog and leaving a comment thank you!
      By Daniel Gonzalez