Animal testing is necessary to develop new medicines and vaccines. I think animals possess some rights like not being abused. I believe we should only be able to use animals for medical reasons because animals aren’t as important as losing humans just for the testing vaccine. I assume that if we didn’t test on animals, we wouldn’t be able to test any vaccines to see what could work to stop the spread of diseases and fight of any disease. I believe it’s human nature to eat meat because we need to be able to get protein from meat and its good for us. I think we only exploit animals in zoos because we take animals against their will and they just stay in captivity and, we keep in cages where they aren’t free to roam around doing what they want however all of them are looked after making sure they are healthy.

1. Sophie 2 months ago

Luis, I enjoyed your insight on this topic, but I do not agree with you. I believe that animals should be treated with rights and not as something to simply be tested on in a lab. I do agree with you that testing is essential, but there needs to be a different method.
    Here is a link you might find interesting. It is about alternative ways to test products
    https://www.crueltyfreeinternational.org/why-we-do-it/alternatives-animal-testing
    -Sophie

2. Yanna 2 months ago

Hi Luis,
    Your post is very interesting. Although animal testing can be harsh in some cases, this is essential because that’s the law of nature, because the sacrifice of these animals avoids the dangers of experiments in humans. But many scientists are looking for animal alternatives. Thank you for your article!
    This article you might like
    https://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-experimentation/animal-testing-101/

3. Kaya 2 months ago

Luis, I disagree with what you had to say. I believe that animals are precious and should not be used in medical testing. I believe that there are other alternatives then testing on animals. I also believe that we should not be dissecting animals just to learn about the brain. There are other options then killing an innocent animal to run certain tests on them or to dissect them. Here is an article that show the good and bad of each side. I can see where you are coming from. I just have certain views on animal rights. https://www.yourgenome.org/debates/should-animals-be-used-in-research

4. Kylie 3 months ago

Luis,I agreed with what you said. I enjoyed how you brought up animal testing because most people dont talk about this topic . I liked the fact that you brought up how we should only use animals for vaccine testing instead of putting a human life at risk.

5. Kylie 3 months ago

Luis,I agreed with what you said. I enjoyed how you brought up animal testing because most people dont talk about this topic . I liked the fact that you brought up how we should only use animals for testing instead of putting a human life at risk.

6. Abraham 3 months ago

Dear Mr.Luis,
    You brought up an important topic that is rarely spoken about, its important for people to be aware of how animal testing has been used for human benefits. Animal testing has helped develop medical treatments, designing products for humans and other health care uses. But on the other hand, animals have been abused for centuries. Depending on the experiment, most of them are force-fed, deprived of food and water and overall giving them an unpleasant experience. A solution that could help animals is using simulators instead. A scientist can use computer-human models to test to accurately explore human behavior.

7. Angeth 3 months ago

I enjoyed this article very much. It is an important subject to talk about and here’s an article I believe would interest you https://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-experimentation/animals-used-experimentation-factsheets/animal-experiments-overview/

8. Peter 4 months ago

Hi Luis. My name is Peter, I’m a student at Judge Memorial Catholic High School in Utah. I was curious as to why you believe a lot of the things you do in your post. You present your ideas, but you don’t exactly go into the specifics of why you believe what you do. For example, when you talk about how animals are being held captive in zoos without a choice. While this is a completely valid argument, you don’t really go into it much further other than that. AVMA talks about how they are ethical in the sense that we can use them for education.

https://www.avma.org/javma-news/2002-12-01/it-ethical-keep-animals-zoos

I hope you have a good day.

9. Strom 6 months ago

Dear Luis,

Your post on animal testing was very interesting. While I agree animal testing is egregious in some cases, it is a necessary evil. If there is a better way to test vaccines, then I am all for it. But, as of now, I just do not know if we have a better solution. Thank you for your post. I am interested to see what you say. For further research please check out the link below

10. Clinton 6 months ago

Hello Luis,
    I could see how much you like animals through this post. I think that human is a kind of animal too. It is the natural law that stronger animals have the rights to eat or do something else to other animals. But it is true that you said maybe we are killing too much animals so I will let more people to notice the truth. Great job!
    Clinton Kwong

Here is a link that might help you:
    https://sentientmedia.org/how-many-animals-are-killed-for-food-every-day/
    It is all about killing animals.

11. Alexander 7 months ago

Luis,
    I think that you have some valid ideas. I personally believe that we can test on animals as it benefits our own health in the future. I assume when you say, “I believe it’s human nature to eat meat because we need to be able to get protein from meat and its good for us” that you believe we can eat meat. I also don’t think that there is anything necessarily wrong with eating meat. I am interested to see what else you have to say regarding this topic. Check this article out because it has the pros and cons of animal testing https://animal-testing.procon.org.

12. Aria 7 months ago

Hi Luis,
    I agree to disagree with what your saying about animals because they do help with vaccines, but I firmly believe that animals are suffering and imprisoned against their will. Here is an article I found regarding my argument:

Aria Handlon

13. Kaan 7 months ago

Hello Luis,
    I agree with what you have said. It is uneatable to test on animals because otherwise we wouldn’t have vaccinations or other medicine. However it still doesn’t seem morally right to use animals for testing. Here is a website that talks about the pros and cons about animal testing:
    https://animal-testing.procon.org
    Hope you enjoy the feedback!
    Kaan

14. Alicia 8 months ago

I thought your article was interesting. I think that it’s good that you put the issue about how animals are treated in Zoos in your article because that is a hot topic at the moment even though the issue has been going on for a while. I think that your organization could be improved slightly. I was a bit confused on how you got from testing vaccines on animals to we need protein because it’s human nature. I also agree with your comment on animal rights, no animal deserves to be abused, they’re so innocent! However, to play devil’s advocate, couldn’t you argue that using animals to test vaccines is a form of animal abuse since animals cannot give consent?

15. Wyonae 12 months ago

Dear luis

The thought of animals dying for our needs was interesting in you post. I agree with you about us needing to harm animals for protein and to test on them to fix diseases. And I like the idea that you talked about the zoo and how we need animals for protein.

16. Stephanie 12 months ago

I think this is very important for people to know but i also believe that if we did not test on animals we would not be able to have those right vaccines for humans and i mean your right its wrong but we also need those as well and yes that’s very wrong for zoo’s to keep animals in cages and take away their freedom.

17. Fredy 12 months ago

Hi Luis,
    My name is fredy i’m from california and i was looking to your post and I am surprised with your post, animals are “dying for our need”, because I learned many things that did know and it help me understand. A quote the stands for me is the “i believe that animals have some rights like not being abused. I think we should only be able to use animals for medical reasons because animals are not as important as humans for the test vaccine. I suppose if we did not test on animals, we could not try any vaccine to see what might work to stop the spread of disease and fight against any disease.” This post is something that would help the person to understand how to treat an animal and how to take care of it because as an animal you care about your health you have to take care of theirs. Another thing that would help us to understand that the animates are if they were a person because they also eat and also have to pay attention too them. In my opinion that is something that it grathfull for putting this post because when people read it they will realize how to treat an animal and not be so bad with them. I hope you keep putting more poems and that you talk more about me because it looks very interesting and very understood how to treat animals and how to see how important animals are.

18. Grace 1 year ago

This is a very interesting topic. As someone who works with animals in zoos and aquariums, a majority of the animals there are rescued, cannot be released back into the wild due to injuries or simply being bred into captivity, or are being rehabilitated. I think it’d be great to research this further in either animal testing or animal captivity. Lush is a great resource for finding out more about animal testing in the cosmetics world, while websites dedicated to zoos and aquariums are a good place to find out why the animals are there and what laws governments put in place to protect the animal population.

19. Johnny 1 year ago

Luis, this is a verying interesting piece of writing. I think it was good how you talked about zoos in our society and also how we test our vaccines and different medical drugs on animals like mice for example. This is a perspective I have never paid much thought to. This is super interesting and I’d love to hear more!

20. Chris 1 year ago

I think it’s really interesting how you made a connection to zoos and our societies consumption of meat to testing vaccines on animals. I never though of like that, and it helps to put a broader perspective on the moral choices involved.

21. Alexandra 1 year ago

Luis, I really enjoyed your discussion on animal testing. I also liked how you brought in the idea of zoos being areas of exploitation. That was super insightful. I think this article about animal testing will help! http://www.crueltyfreeinternational.org/why-we-do-it/what-animal-testing