Throughout Donald Trumps time in the American spotlight we have seen who he really is. From the beginning of his presidency we have seen insensitive remarks toward other racial and culture groups. Someone with that high a platform as the president of America there is a set of standards that should come with that. America was founded on the ability to create a better future for yourself and your children if you are willing to put in time and effort. Some of Trumps policies have went against what America values most like the freedom of opportunity. One examples of Trump being insensitive was when announcing his run for president he quoted on the idea of building a wall on the border of the United States and Mexico. With the idea of creating wall he also stated “They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

In recent news we have gotten word of Trump calling African countries “shithole countries.” With all of these racist remarks by our president I think that we as a people need to take a stand and show that we will not accept this kind of leadership in our country. This country stands for freedom and equality and as we have seen throughout history we haven’t always been equal. When do we finally draw the line and say enough is enough and strive to make this country a better place for the now and also for the future generations that will come after us?

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/11/politics/president-trump-racial-comments-tweets/index.html

CC BY-SA 4.0 Trump Against American Values by Parker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Noemi_m 11 months ago

Dear Parker,
    I am very amazed by your post “Trump Against American Values.” You have great courage to speak out on this subject and make American citizens realize what kind of sick person is running this country. Many American’s identify the problems this subject is causing, but prefer to avoid the topic and look the other way while others are just living with fear to speak their minds and get judged for their personal opinion.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is, “This country stands for freedom and equality and as we have seen throughout history we haven’t always been equal.” This is accurate because America has made diverse mistakes over the years;but I believe its is time we show the world what America stands for and endure the Bill of rights.
    Another sentence that I noticed was, “In recent news we have gotten word of Trump calling African countries shit hole countries.” This stood out for me because I cannot understand why The President of the United States would speak like that about other countries. I don’t believe it’s respectful to label or stereotype a country just because you feel superior to them. People say words hurt more than actions, and Trump apparently did not learn manners or respect towards others; If he didn’t have something nice to say he could of just kept his mouth closed.
    Your post reminds me of something that once happened to me: I was in class and we were asked to give our opinions on what candidate we wanted to win the presidential election and why. I recall being nervous to give my opinion because I didn’t want to be judged and because politics can be a very intense subject. Being nervous and all, I gave my opinion and thankfully everyone acted respectfully towards each other.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you are a very honest person and you stand up for what you believe in. Thank You.