One of the bigger debates within the government and country as a whole has been planned parenthood. Many people see planned parenthood as a good thing that helps women, while others see it as a moral dilemma.

The biggest controversy that has risen from planned parenthood would be the abortion. As there are two sides the pro-choice and the pro-life. According to Planned Parenthood 3 in 10 women will have an abortion by the time that they are 45 years old. This is for a many number of things from the pregnancy being bad for their health to having been sexually assaulted which led to the pregnancy to them just not being ready. However, in this case there are other options like adoption, which is most times the argument of pro-life.

Abortion is not the only service that Planned Parenthood provides, however. They help people with birth control, education on parenthood, breast exams for breast cancer, treating sexually transmitted diseases, and much more. According to one website, abortion is really only 3% of the planned parenthood pie.

One of the biggest services that Planned Parenthood provides is birth control, which a good amount of people are against since it stops a life from being born. However, what a lot of these people don’t know is that a most people take birth control pills to help with hormone imbalances, stabilizing their periods, and other problems that aren’t commonly known.

Another problem that people have with Planned Parenthood is that it is a government funded organization, which means that tax dollars go to it. This is a problem to people because they are indirectly paying for something that they are morally against. But if the government stops funding them, they will have to rely on private donations which may only last for a while meaning that all the positive services they provide will no longer be available at an affordable price.

Photo by tedeytan

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Morality behind Planned Parenthood by Sara is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.