Self driving cars used to be a distant and unrealistic idea but have become a reality in the recent years. There have been many tests with self driving cars and many of them have resulted in crashes and other problems. In my eyes, the problem with self driving vehicles is the fact that we have been driving manually for so long. For these kind of cars to work, everyone would have to drive one so they can program them to interact with one another correctly. If one person drives and automated vehicle and one drives a manual, the self driving one is unable to predict a human interaction. This will lead to many accidents and unneeded deaths. Reuters said that current driving regulations pose a significant hurdle to vehicles without human control. IEEE Spectrum talks about the unpredictable nature of pedestrians and what they have become accustomed to with human drivers. I believe that if cars started out automated, we would be able to do this easily. Human interaction is needed for driving at this point and has been in place for too long to change now. Well automation seems convenient and something we continue to work forward to in everything, it should not be implemented for road usage.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Should Self Driving Vehicles Be Allowed on Public Roads? by Shane is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.