This is a reflection on the writing process for my final Expository writing class paper.
The process of researching for writing was an amazing learning experience to know many new methods of getting information for my writing project. When I first started to look for reliable resources, I was very frustrated to find my resources. As I was reading more and more articles for my research topic, I was able to write my own thoughts and conclusions on argument and provide a lot more insight. I was first introduced to a Korean movie that contains teachers giving corporal punishments to students in school and I wondered if the United States also use corporal punishments to students. As I searched about corporal punishments in the United States, I was shocked by the articles that I have found. Most of the articles contained statistics of how many percent of students have experienced corporal students in school and laws that goes against it.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Reflection: Corporal Punishments in school by Onyu Pak is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Hailey 8 months ago

Very interesting reflection, Onyu. I really enjoyed this topic as I am currently in the process of writing a research paper. I am wondering how you chose this topic and what the data showed from corporal punishment in the United States. I particularly enjoyed how you gave insight on this topic through the mention of a “Korean movie that contains teachers giving corporal punishments to students in school.” I was saddened when I read this, and I hope this can be changed in the future. If you would like to continue your search of corporal punishment in Korea, you should take a look at this article: http://1stforeverything.com/2013/08/29/corporal-punishment-in-korean-schools/. I look forward to reading more from you on this topic in the future.