America is facing one of the biggest immigration crises since the country has been around. America has been the Mecca for immigrants for decades for its image of the “land of the free” but recently during the Trump administration, these people are being threatened with deportation. the executive order put in place during the Obama administration called DACA was created to give security to all immigrants born in America is now being reviewed by the Trump administration and could possibly be removed. If this were to happen, people born in America from illegal immigrants could be subject to deportation along with their families.

This presents yet another social crisis that America faces today, the argument, do these people deserve to stay in the United States or not? There are many different opinions to this hot topic at the moment and this subject is often debated. I believe that the people that definately deserve to stay, are the people that were born here. I have many friends that have immigrated to America, some legally but some illegally as well. These people were born here in America, this is the land that they know best. So when people want to “send them back to their homes” it makes no sense because America is their home. They have never lived in another country, so therefore this is their home.

As for the people who were not born here, I feel that new measures need to be put into place to make citizenship an easier process. This will create an incentive for those who have good intentions to become a citizen and will make it easier to point out all of the people coming into this country with bad intentions. Right now, citizenship is so hard to attain that many people don’t bother even trying to get it. This creates a big issue because if nobody wants to take the time to become a citizen, the government will have to spend more time deporting people when they should be focusing on more important issues.

CC BY-SA 4.0 America is Their Home by Casey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Keaton 5 months ago

Whats Up Casey!
    This is a very good article. I agree that citizen ship should be an easier process. This would make it so kids in DACA won’t have to spend as much time in the program. This could cut the costs of supporting a program and reduce the number of kids in it.

Here is an article that might tickle your interests:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/09/congress-turns-to-immigration-daca-bill-after-government-shutdown-ends.html

2. Alex 6 months ago

Dear Casey :
    I am proud about the Latino flag and US “America is Their Home” because it is showing that being an immigrant is not too easy.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “people born in America from illegal immigrant could be subject to deportation along with their families.” I think this is important to know because most people watch the news. I don’t, so reading your post taught me new stuff that only some people already know.
    Another sentence that I found was “Right now, citizenship is so hard to attain that many people don’t bother even trying to get it. This creates a big issue because if nobody wants to take the time to become a citizen, the government will have to spend more time deporting people when they should be focusing on more important issues..” This stood out for me because not all people have free time to do all the same things. thousands of people are waiting to get their responded to there cases.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I learned me something

3. Christopher 6 months ago

Casey, I really enjoy your article. I am an immigrant who came to America to seek better life and I believe everyone else has the intention in doing the same. I like how you stated “citizenship is so hard to attain that many people don’t bother even trying to get it.” This is very true, most of the people trying to receive citizenship have a hard time passing because the test may be difficult for them. I also believe that kids who are born in America and have parents that are illegal should be able to stay in America, and that the DACA should not be removed. I found an interesting article that explains why DACA should not end (https://nypost.com/2017/08/31/dont-end-daca-the-immigration-program-trump-must-save/). Anyways, thanks for the post and looking forward to what you write next.

4. Sean 6 months ago

I agree with your post wholeheartedly, I believe that people born in America deserve to stay but those that came illegally don’t. I also agree that the citizenship process needs to be refined to ensure that people will go through that process to get into the country.