,

I came to the U.S. with my dad and my siblings in 2011. The room that I used to sleep in with my dad and my sister  had a bed,  a T.V and two closets. Also,  on the wall there was a piece of of art made out of black fabric with gold letters in Arabic “Ayat” of Qu’ran ( verse) . I know a lot of people do not know what Qu’ran means. Qu’ran is like a bible of what  god says. A lot of Muslims know the history of the Qu’ran. Everyone in my family reads the Qu’ran. At home sometimes I listen to it when I’m helping my sister. When we  pray, the words that we say is from the Qu’ran. This artifact affects a lot of people’s lives in a positive way.  People after reading Qu’an they feel better even though you don’t know what it says, and the people that do know what it says some of them cry, and some of them they feel better. When I hear the Qu’ran I feel, better. This artifact is important to me to know what god says. In my experience, we Muslims know that Qu’ran tells us a lot of stories and a lot of history. After reading it or listening to it I feel better.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Opinions on the Qu’ran by Sundus is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Violet 1 year ago

Hi Sundus,
    I don’t much about the Qu’ran other that it’s the primary religious text of Islam, but after reading your piece I was given a new perspective on how it effects people on a very personal level. I’m still wondering how specifically the Qu’ran has made you feel better? Is the a certain story or verse that really resonates to you? Can’t wait to see what you write next.
    Violet