Hello my name is Jean. I’m a 18 years old teenager living in the Bronx. I was born in PR. I enjoy being with my family and friends. Something happen to me when i was little boy. I was coming from school one day, when i saw how many homeless people there was. What I learn that day was i want to help people who needed it the most.

What I like to do in school is learning about history and the important things we can do to help make the world better. I also like to make art. What I am good at is making different types of art.

What I like to do outside of school is going to the skatepark and skate. I also like to play with my brothers. I particularly good at playing baseball and video games. I have gotten to be this way because I’m very antisocial and with baseball it has help me open up more and being able to talk better with others.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Arts and Sports by Jean Carlos is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Alejandro 5 months ago

hello, Jean
    im alejandro i really connected with your story because i like sports too

2. Violet 2 years ago

Hi, Jean
    I’m Violet a senior at Okemos High School. Really enjoyed learning a little bit about you. Living in the Bronx must be exiting or at least to me as I live in a small town. When reading your piece all I wanted to know was more. I wanted more about that experience you had when you where little, especially since not everyone gets to see that problem first hand at such a young age. Also want to know what you do now to try remedy the situation. Do you volunteer at a homeless shelter or try to get your school involved? Can’t wait to what else you write.
    Violet