Artifact is a object made by a person and it means alot him. Its valuable because I feel like person belong there.   

There’s a piece of art on my  living room and if you walk near it, you will hear  my mom screaming, “Don’t go close by the picture  because it means a lot to your dad’s family.”  I said Why? She said  It shows  the small village in Yemen where your father’s family lives.  It helps him remember his past. In yemen my whole family used to get together and eat in a small room and used to makes jokes after we finish eat but now they barely see each other. When my dad moved to New York all you see him doing is work he doesn’t have time to even take a break because he trying to support us and his family back home. But now my dad’s family who lived here in New york they don’t live close by anymore like they used to live in Yemen.

Why is this photo so  important to you?  Why did you but this photo on then wall?

How do you feel when you look at the photo ?

What’s the difference  between living here and back home?

CC BY-SA 4.0 A Small Village by Adam is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Mary 1 month ago

Hi Adam, I really enjoyed your post because it got me thinking about my family history and the objects I consider important in my house. The dinners you mentioned reminded me of my family get togethers every month to celebrate birthdays. The picture reminded me of glasses from Germany in the cupboard at my house that my parents bought when they lived in Germany. They are a fun reminder of my parents’ lives before I was born; it’s very interesting to learn about them because I’ve only known my parents for a short time of their lives. Family history is very valuable and should be cherished and preserved, which is what your post shows. Thank you for sharing this story!

2. Xuefeng 1 month ago

I am really like your podcast because there’s a artifact on my bedroom door too, and my mom let me be careful for it. And it also has lot of meaning for my family.
    One aspect of your podcast that stood out for me was “There’s a piece of art on my living room and if you walk near it, you will hear my mom screaming, “Don’t go close by the picture because it means a lot to your dad’s family.” I said Why? She said It shows the small village in Yemen where your father’s family lives.” I think it’s serious because my mom actually said same thing too.
    Your podcast remind me of something that happened to me. One time, when I trying to touch the talisman on my bedroom door. My mom stop me. She said it use to protect me and I must give respect to it.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I really really like what you wrote and your interview.

3. Alberto 1 month ago

dear Adam you should answer my friend request and also is nice of you to interview your father and how he talk about his home land was great

4. Saqr 2 months ago

nice job

5. Violet 2 months ago

Hi Adam,
    This piece to me is all about perspective. It’s something we all need sometimes and for your dad it’s this art piece. For me perspective is when read about the mass amount of poverty all around the world. Did you know that there’s around a billion people who live on only a dollar a day. It makes me grateful for everything I have. I think about how I spend five dollars on coffee without even a second thought, but that could be the difference between eating or not that day for so many. Can’t wait to see what you write next.
    Violet