Hello, I am Samson Oshode and I am an 18-year-old teenage boy who loves music and expressing myself through my outfits. I was born October 26, 1998, and my favorite color is blue.

I used to go to a school named Celia Cruz Bronx High school of Music and realized that the environment was a little too advanced for my standards. I just felt as if the classes were going by too fast and I was not finishing on time when I came to my work. On top of that, I was not finishing my regents which I still haven’t finished now. But when I came to P.U.L.S.E., I realized that school is actually easy.

Once I came to P.U.L.S.E, I started learning more about art, music, English, and many more subjects that I ended up liking. Before I get to school I always end up getting McDonald’s before school, or after. But anyways my favorite subject has to be English because I love to write and express myself through writing. When you write you have a special technique that allows you to explain yourself. Another curricular activity that I love would have to be gym. I mainly would have to choose gym just because it is so active and we are running around and actually doing something. Rather than just sitting in one spot and re-reading or struggling on the same thing.

Although I like school, I still like to do many things once I get out of school. Sometimes I like to hang out with my friends, hang out with my family or even just text my friends on my phone. Of course, I make time to do my homework, so that I can graduate on time and as fast as possible. Sometimes I like to sing and many people said I’m really good and should invest time into a career. I’ve been singing since I was 4 and don’t plan on stopping. But this is pretty much my life, go to school, hang out with my friends, go home, do my homework and then go to sleep.

1. Julia 8 months ago

Samson,
    I liked reading about the difference between learning what you love and learning what you’re required to. It’s interesting to hear that somebody prefers gym as a class but the reasoning you had made a lot of sense to me. I feel the same about when I’m able to do something other than sit in a chair at a desk trying to read things as a way of learning. I love that you like to sing and that you have a passion like that. Have you ever used your passion in a school assignment? Did it make it easier to do the assignment?

• Julia 7 months ago

Samson,
      I really liked reading about the difference between learning what you love and learning what you’re required to. It’s interesting to hear that somebody prefers gym as a class but the reasoning you had made a lot of sense to me. I feel the same about when I’m able to do something other than sit in a chair at a desk trying to read things as a way of learning.
      One sentence I really connected with is “[M]y favorite subject has to be English because I love to write and express myself through writing.” I love to write in my free time and I feel like I can show how I’m feeling through words in a story and it can turn into something beautiful.
      There’s another sentence that stood out to me particular which was “Sometimes I like to sing and many people said I’m really good and should invest time into a career” I love that you like to sing and that you have a passion that you feel like you could turn into a career. I have a passion similar to that but it’s not something easily turned into a full time job which is photography.
      Have you ever used your passion in a school assignment? Did it make it easier to do the assignment?

Updated Comment

2. Shane 2 years ago

Samson,
    I enjoyed reading about your changes and I think you sound very unique( in a good way). It sounds like the change you made is a good one and it sounds like you’re very talented. I too enjoy art despite not being very good at it. It sounds like this school is a better fit to your fast-paced life style and should benefit you going into college and the future. Always remember to make time for family and yourself. What do you think the biggest change was when you changed schools?
    Helpful link: https://www.theartofed.com/2016/12/29/4-important-benefits-switching-schools/