Above are the results from my survey that I conducted for my research project. The answers as a whole were what I expected but the numbers were interesting to see. I thought it was interesting how people had different opinions on the topic of voluntary euthanasia depending on who was placed in the situation or the conditions that the people were placed in. The replies to my short answer question regarding if any of you had questions or comments about my research (I didn’t post the replies above) were really helpful as there were some very interesting points that some of you brought up. Thank you to everyone who helped me in my research by taking my survey!

Image from: http://www.healthcareitnews.com/slideshow/survey-results-look-ahead-healthcare-it-2017

CC BY-SA 4.0 Euthanasia Survey Results by Srihita is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Christopher 10 months ago

Srihita, I found your post to be intriguing, I like how you address the idea of euthanasia and if it should be accepted in today’s society. Throughout each of your survey, you ask question about whether or not euthanasia should be approved and most people said yes, however they disagree with the idea that euthanasia should be used on kids. I don’t understand why euthanasia should not be used on teenagers especially if they can’t deal with the pain. One thing I recommend you to fix your post is to define euthanasia and give a little background about why you chose to do this. I found an interesting article that you may enjoy reading about euthanasia https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3612319/. Anyways thank you for your time, and I look forward to see what you post next.

2. Billy 10 months ago

Srihita, I am very glad that you followed up on this experiment as I saw it a few weeks ago and was curious as to what you found out. I am genuinely surprised that there is actually a great number of people who do not support euthanasia and would not give the option to their family members even if they requested it. I am also fairly surprised that there were not that many people who knew what the term “voluntary euthanasia” meant before you conducted this research. I also found some more information on this topic a week or so back that I thought was quite fascinating as it explains a few more stipulations of the research itself and the controversy surrounding it. Thank you so much for sharing.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/voluntary-euthanasia