With the advancement of technology have we as a society become more lazy from the impacts of the internet and also robotics. I believe that all of the advancement with technology has made our society less active therefore lazier. For example with video games and how we don’t have to go outside to have fun anymore we can now hangout with friends over the internet. “[why drive] to the movies when you can just sit on the couch and fire up Netflix?” With the new technology we have we are able to do things that we couldn’t do in the past like watch a movie without going to the movie theater. We are becoming less social in everyday life we no longer have to talk to a person face to face but rather we can just send them a message through our phone or email. Throughout the years we have become a more sedentary society not being as active as past generations. We can see evidence to this in the rise of obesity levels in the United States. where will this advance of technology take us in the future?

CC BY-SA 4.0 Is technology making us lazier? by Parker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. LaDaysha 4 weeks ago

I agree with that fact that technology is making us lazier.I thinl because technolgy has become advanced many people depend so much on it.

2. Jessica 3 months ago

hi there! I agree with your thinking that technology has made our generation lazier. Yes there are so many pros to the recent advances in technology, but it also has hurt society. I think that nowadays, childhood is very different than what it used to be like. I see kids being almost addicted to their phones, instead of going outside and running around with their friends. Another side affect I think is that our generation has a shorter attention span. And I would say this is due to technology. I enjoyed reading about your thoughts, and I agree completely with you.
    Jessica