There are really two sides when it comes to deciding the fate of love. There can be a positive side and a negative side, and it really depends on what you love. In reference to this loving your boyfriend or girlfriend too much may lead your relationship on the right path. Or it may lead you on the wrong path and lead you to be seen as “clingy.” While some things that you love too much either way has a really negative effect which is the love for money.

According to psychologytoday.com, “Love is morally desirable as it entails profound care for another person. It is hard to see how such positive care can be criticized. Nevertheless, people do criticize lovers and especially those whose love appears to be excessive. Can one tell one’s beloved that he loves her too much?” “Although it is difficult to define what constitutes excessiveness in love, characterizing love as “too much” implies that some damage has been done-either to the lover or the beloved. When intense love blinds our sight and makes us act improperly, people may say that such intense love is too much.” So this article is saying that why would people judge how much love that other people in a relationship may have for one another is that the love is really intense which is a good thing because then that way relationships last but, there has to be a balance so that no one in the relationship controls the other person.

Sometimes the love for money seems to be a really strong disease that some people may have that can be deadly. In gotquestions.org, “The apostle Paul, in his first letter to his young disciple, Timothy, had this to say: “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs” (1 Timothy 6:10).” The love for money is not the root of all evil but it does have its downsides. People are willing to kill, steal, and commit more sins just to get more money. It’s very sad how people would kill one another and sometimes even their own family members over a materialistic thing. You can love money enough to finish your education and strive you to get a good job so that you can have that money but in the long run but, money doesn’t always keep you happy because you’ll always be wanting more.   

CC BY-SA 4.0 What we love too much, will it ruin us? by Chidiogo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Paul 7 months ago

I think you raise thoughtful questions on the perceptions and implications of love, and how love can be a relative concept with a multitude of different effects. I would question, however, the comparison between “love” in a personal relationship and “love” of money. While “love” may serve many purposes as a word, I think there is little overlap between the emotional and economic definition of the word. Claiming to love something such as money “too much” suggests an over-dependency on constructions within society. This seems to relate more to a lifestyle choice rather than a personal interaction. “Loving someone too much” is more of a relative statement, and one that is less quantifiable, in my opinion. I would be curious to hear your thoughts!